A Dream worth waiting for: Dream review June 19, 2010 sailing

mom2girls

On the Dream they only let you do one bag of laundry. Those bags are pretty small, so there was no way all the laundry would have been done. :)

We are Platinum and sent 3 bags of laundry on the Dream and all was done - no charge. The only time I know of that they restrict this is when they have so many Platinum cruisers it becomes impossible to do multi bags for all. I read somewhere on these boards that it was restricted to 1 bag on one of the European cruises due to there being something like 600 Platinum cruisers aboard (not sure of that number). The only difference we saw on this cruise from the others we have sent Platinum laundry was, most of the time, you give it to them in the morning and it is back by evening. On the Dream we gave it in the morning and it was not back until the following day in the evening. That was no problem for us and probably had to do with volume, but we were not restricted on how many times or bags we could send.

The pics are great. We are scheduled next month and I am staying at the Radisson in one of the whirlpool suites..How was your room I have read mixed reviews and I am a bit uneasy about the hotel..Looking into the Country Inn and Suites..any pics of the hotel room.

Thank you

We stayed at the Radisson in May. Our original room in building 3(room 316?), stunk to high heaven. Can't even begin to describe the smell. I could barely stand to go back into the room to get my luggage. Everyone at the front desk was great. The lady who helped us said there was an open room in one of the renovated buildings. Ask to stay in building 5. This is one of the renovated buildings. I'm sure there are other buildings that have been redone, but I know for sure that this building has been redone. But the pool area was great, and we loved coming back to the pool after dinner, and listening to the guy sing by the outdoor bar. I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again. Have a wonderful time on the Dream!

Ok, I'm back for a little while. I promised to take the girls to see the Toy Story movie. So, I had to leave for a bit.

More pictures of our explorations:

Dream048.jpg

Dream049.jpg

Dream050.jpg

Dream051.jpg

Dream052.jpg

The girls were going to play a couple of games from the library, but all of the ones they picked were missing pieces.

Ocean Plaza area:

Dream062.jpg

Lanai whirlpool:

Dream063.jpg

The Lanai and Serenity whirlpools were actually warm. The whirlpools by the pool were pretty cold.

Piano bar:

Dream065.jpg

Another picture Megan told me I just had to take:

Dream066.jpg

After exploring we went back to our cabin. I was happy to see that one of our suitcases was there. So, we started to unpack. When we finished with that suitcase we heard something at our door. Yea, it was the other suitcase. So, everything was unpacked before muster drill. Speaking of the muster drill I have to say that this was the easiest one I have ever been to. I think it lasted all of 10 minutes. We met in the Scarlett Dining room without the life vests. We listened to what we were to do in case of emergency, and then we left. Woo-Hoo! Let the vacation begin. Our group was scheduled to have a Meet and Greet after the Muster Drill. So, we headed to the Lido deck to the Sunset Bar at the aft of the ship.

Dream067.jpg

Dream068.jpg

Dream069.jpg

Dream070.jpg

Dream071.jpg

Mom2girls<

Great review and pics so far. We are sailing on the Dream in October and have 3 kids and 2 teens sailing with us. Your girls are cuties!!

Can't wait to read more!!

I see you were on the Fantasy in August of 1990. I sailed on her in August of 1990 too!

Look forward to reading more!!

Mom2girls<

Great review and pics so far. We are sailing on the Dream in October and have 3 kids and 2 teens sailing with us. Your girls are cuties!!

Can't wait to read more!!

I see you were on the Fantasy in August of 1990. I sailed on her in August of 1990 too!

Look forward to reading more!!

Thank you so much!

Wow, what a coincidence. That cruise was a group cruise with people my Mom worked with. I was almost 20 years old, and had a wonderful time. I don't remember the exact date of the cruise, but I do know it was the end of August, and it was a 3 day.

I absolutely LOVE ALL your reviews! I have been very anxiously waiting for this Dream review, since we sail her Eastern in September.

How many did you wind up with on the group cruise, were you pleased with the results?

Your girls are adorable and they sure are growing up fast! Enjoy while they still want to hang with mom!

Looking forward to your continued review with pictures! What's your next cruise?

Susan

The pics are great. We are scheduled next month and I am staying at the Radisson in one of the whirlpool suites..How was your room I have read mixed reviews and I am a bit uneasy about the hotel..Looking into the Country Inn and Suites..any pics of the hotel room.

Thank you

We stayed at the Radisson last year before our cruise and we thought it was wonderful. We used there free shuttle, however we did not have the breakfast buffet, much cheaper to hit McDonalds across the street. We will probably stay there whenever we cruies out of Port Canaveral. The kids loved the pool

We are Platinum and sent 3 bags of laundry on the Dream and all was done - no charge. The only time I know of that they restrict this is when they have so many Platinum cruisers it becomes impossible to do multi bags for all. I read somewhere on these boards that it was restricted to 1 bag on one of the European cruises due to there being something like 600 Platinum cruisers aboard (not sure of that number). The only difference we saw on this cruise from the others we have sent Platinum laundry was, most of the time, you give it to them in the morning and it is back by evening. On the Dream we gave it in the morning and it was not back until the following day in the evening. That was no problem for us and probably had to do with volume, but we were not restricted on how many times or bags we could send.

We were on Dream January 2, 2010 and we received a letter also that we could only send one bag of laundry. There were not that many Platinum cruisers. I think that Dream is going to be doing these letter most if not all the time. Others have posted that they were only allowed one bag too and it wasn't just on European cruises.

I did ask our cabin Steward at the end of the cruise why we were only able to send one bag and he said we could have sent more even though the letter said only one. He would have taken it and gotten it done for no charge. He told us that Carnival was trying to cut down on how much laundry was sent out by Platinum guests and trying to get more non-Platinum guests to pay for laundry and that the letters were to be put in the cabins on all cruises.

I absolutely LOVE ALL your reviews! I have been very anxiously waiting for this Dream review, since we sail her Eastern in September.

How many did you wind up with on the group cruise, were you pleased with the results?

Your girls are adorable and they sure are growing up fast! Enjoy while they still want to hang with mom!

Looking forward to your continued review with pictures! What's your next cruise?

Susan

Thank you so much! We ended up with 44 in our official group. But, there were several others who we saw who were posting with us. Some of the people in our group never posted, and we never met them. So, I guess they wanted to get the group rate. Anyway, I'm very happy with the results. We had a wonderful time!

Yes, the girls are growing up really fast! My oldest spent a lot of time with me. My youngest spent a lot of time hanging out with new friends at the pool and camp.

I'm not sure which cruise will be my next cruise. But, I did buy a future cruise certificate. I really want to go on one with my boyfriend since he's never cruised before.

A view from our cove balcony:

Dream072.jpg

Dream074.jpg

The lanai:

Dream073.jpg

Our towel animal from the first night:

Dream073.jpg

Dream080.jpg

We had planned to go to the show the first night, but we had such a good time at dinner talking to friends in our group we didn't really pay attention to the time. I found out later that the girls and I have seen this show a couple of times, so we didn't really miss anything.

The next morning we woke up bright and early. (This was with a little grumbling from Megan.) We wanted to get to the WaterPark when it opened. We knew that it wouldn’t be crowded because many people would be getting off the ship. We were in Nassau this day. Since the girls and I have been to this port many times we figured we’d take advantage of the ship when there weren’t as many people. When we finished breakfast in the dining room we went to take a look at the golf course first. Then we went to the Water Park. We waited patiently for it to open. The Fun Times said it would open at 9:00, but it didn’t open until 9:20. The girls were the first people on the slides that day.

Dream081.jpg

Dream082.jpg

Dream083.jpg

Dream084.jpg

Dream085.jpg

Dream086.jpg

Archived