A Dream worth waiting for: Dream review June 19, 2010 sailing

mom2girls

Dream127.jpg

Our nightly pictures of the towel animal.

Dream128.jpg

Dream129.jpg

Dream131.jpg

We had already seen the 8 More Seconds show. So, we went to the cabin after dinner. I enjoyed sitting out on the balcony, watching ocean, and feeling the cool breeze on my skin. I was in heaven.

I have to say that it is a little difficult having 3 girls get ready at the same time. But, we managed. I did sit out on the balcony for a bit while the girls were taking their showers.

If you are ever on a Dream class ship again, you might want to try out one of the oceanview rooms. Most of the oceanview rooms have two bathrooms. One with a toilet, sink, and shower and the other has a tub and sink. That way it would make it easier for the three of you to get ready.

If you are ever on a Dream class ship again, you might want to try out one of the oceanview rooms. Most of the oceanview rooms have two bathrooms. One with a toilet, sink, and shower and the other has a tub and sink. That way it would make it easier for the three of you to get ready.

I had heard of those rooms. But, the cove balcony is worth being crowded. I will definitely get a cove again if I ever sail the Dream class.

I had heard of those rooms. But, the cove balcony is worth being crowded. I will definitely get a cove again if I ever sail the Dream class.

I agree that a Cove balcony is the best way to go on the Dream...Just can't convince DW...she loves the spa too much:rolleyes:

Great review mom2girls . Your pictures of the Radisson and tits pool should go on the Florida departures board...as people are always asking about that place.

I agree that a Cove balcony is the best way to go on the Dream...Just can't convince DW...she loves the spa too much:rolleyes:

Great review mom2girls . Your pictures of the Radisson and tits pool should go on the Florida departures board...as people are always asking about that place.

Huh!!!!!!!!!!!!:o:D:D:D

Can you tell me which are the formal nights for the eastern itinerary. We are sailing Thanksgiving Week on the Dream and I want to schedule an evening in the Steak House but don't want it to be on a formal night. Your review is fantastic. I am really enjoying reading it and seeing all the beautiful pictures of your daughters. Brings back such memories of the years we traveled with our children. They are all grown with children of their own now, but the memories you have you will treasure forever. Thanks again.

Can you tell me which are the formal nights for the eastern itinerary. We are sailing Thanksgiving Week on the Dream and I want to schedule an evening in the Steak House but don't want it to be on a formal night. Your review is fantastic. I am really enjoying reading it and seeing all the beautiful pictures of your daughters. Brings back such memories of the years we traveled with our children. They are all grown with children of their own now, but the memories you have you will treasure forever. Thanks again.

They are on Sunday and Thursday...Sunday at Nassau and Thursday Sea Day...Sunday was lobster night, and we skipped Thursday so I don't know what it was...:):)

The formal nights are Sunday and Thursday. Our group went to the steakhouse on Monday night. We really enjoyed it, but I'll get more into that when I continue my review. I'm glad you're enjoying it. I'm enjoying it as well. It helps me to kind of relive the cruise while I write about it. :)

Great Pics thank you for the info...:)

Thank you! :D

the two people chairs with the covers is that for anyone or is that for spa only?
These pictures were done in the Serenity area. Anyone over 21 may go to this area. If you want the chairs for two people you will have to get there early. The area opened at 9:00, but I went one day at this time, and all of these chairs were "taken". (Towels and things were on them, not people.)

Loving your review! Can't wait for more.:)
I'll be writing more tomorrow. It's been a busy day for me, so I wasn't able to post a lot today.

Loving the review Kellie-Ann! Looking forward to reading and seeing more. We'll be on the Dream in October.

Your girls have grown so much since the Sensation cruise a couple of years ago. So beautiful and what wonderful memories for you three!

Loving the review Kellie-Ann! Looking forward to reading and seeing more. We'll be on the Dream in October.

Your girls have grown so much since the Sensation cruise a couple of years ago. So beautiful and what wonderful memories for you three!

Thank you so much! I remember that you did the Sensation with us. They sure have grown a lot in the last year or so. We'll definitely have many happy memories of this cruise. :)

Good morning everyone! I'm sorry it's taking me a while to write the review. Daily life seems to be getting in the way. :) I forgot to mention in my review that on Nassau day we ate at the Pasta Bar. This was a perfect day to do this since there were no crowds. I was going to eat there again on one of the other sea days, but the lines were so long that I decided against it.

Anyway, I will continue my review. Monday was the first sea day. We woke up to a cloudy morning. Here's a picture of the view from our balcony:

Dream133.jpgI believe the ship in the distance is the Oasis of the Seas. She was sailing to the same ports that we were, so she never seemed too far away.

Dream134.jpgEmily is wearing glasses here because she ended up with a small black eye. She was hit by a golf ball. Make sure to remind your children to stand BEHIND the person with the golf club. (For some reason I had thought she knew this, but apparently I was wrong.)

Dream135.jpg

Megan's looking a little sleepy here. I wouldn't let her sleep in too late. We certainly weren't on the ship to sleep. Haha!

The girls and I headed to the Gathering for breakfast. Then, we went to the Aft pool to hang out for a while. The girls enjoyed this because they always saw some of their friends when we were at the pool.

We ended up meeting with some people who were in our group while at the pool. It started to rain, so we decided to go to lunch. (It only rained for about 5 minutes.) We went to the dining room for lunch. The choices were pretty good. Emily had clam chowder, Megan had the club sandwich, and I had the pork chop. For dessert the girls got some kind of brownie thing. They really didn't like it. I got the sundae. It was fantastic. The girls ended up ordering that as well. We had such a good time with our friends at lunch that they kicked us out of the dining room. (We were there shortly after they opened for lunch until they closed!:eek:) I'm sorry that I don't have any pictures from lunch.

Today was the day of the past guest party. If you had early seating you were supposed to go the party at 3:30. If you had late seating you were invited to the 5:00 party. This was also the day that many of my group were eating at the Steakhouse. So, it was a pretty busy day. After lunch the girls wanted to do a camp activity. I wanted to enjoy my balcony some, so I sat on the balcony for an hour or so reading my book. By the time the girls came back it was time to get ready for the past guest party.

Dream138.jpg

Dream141.jpg

Dream142.jpg

This is summercruisin's little girl. She certainly loved her time on stage!

Dream143.jpg

Great review so far...can't wait for more..thank-you so much for taking the time to do such a detailed review. We will be on the Dream in December and I can't get enough pictures and reviews..lol..

Polly

After the past guest party the girls and I went to the Lido deck to get them dinner. This was the night that the cruisecritic group was having dinner at the steakhouse. I was really looking forward to it. I think the girls were looking forward to spending more time with their friends at camp as well.

They finished eating dinner, and went to camp. I went up to the 11th floor where the Chef's Art steakhouse was. I saw a few people from our group already waiting. The view from this part of the ship was amazing, so I had to take a picture.

Dream146.jpg

I had such a good time at the steakhouse that I forgot to take more pictues. :( The food at the steakhouse was wonderful. I wish I could have more of the Lobster Bisque! Yummy! I also had the caesar salad. For my main entree I had the surf and turf. This was half the size of the regular filet, and half of the lobster tail. The half of the lobster was still bigger than the lobster that was served in the dining room the first elegant night. For dessert I had a caramel, apple type pastry. I can't remember what the exact name was. Megan's dessert from last night looked so good. This seemed as though it was similar, so that's what I ordered. I have to say it was very tasty. :)

After dinner a few of us decided to see the uncensored comedien. This was the one that the girls and I had seen the day before. I thought he was funny this time, but I thought he was funnier with the PG version. Of course, I knew what to expect since was the adult performance. I promised the girls that I would pick them up by midnight. They were excited because we were actually getting off of the ship the next day. :D I did take pictures of the towel animals that night.

Archived