Fellow CC'ers Help please!!!!

prg2101

I am booked on a sailing in July on the Dawn. The cruise is paid for and I

have all my documents. The other person booked in my cabin cannot go now.:( I cannot get a refund because its too close to sailing. Can I still go alone? Is there anyway I can change the other person to someone that is able to go? I really dont want to lose this chance to go to bermuda so PLEASE any suggestions would be much appreciated.......

John

Of course you can go since it is already paid for. The person that can't go isn't asking you to refund them I hope. I really don't know about changing to another person but I don't see why you shouldn't be able to.

Just show up at the embarkation and IF you are asked "where is your travelling companion" just state that they are going to meet you on board as their travel plans were different than yours. Oh well, if the ship leaves and they aren't checked-in too bad and there is no problem.

I think some others have mentioned that to change the booking to another passenger will entail another fee. But, it might be worth it if you don't enjoy travelling alone.

Have a great time no matter what! :)

Just show up at the embarkation and IF you are asked "where is your travelling companion" just state that they are going to meet you on board as their travel plans were different than yours. Oh well, if the ship leaves and they aren't checked-in too bad and there is no problem.

I think some others have mentioned that to change the booking to another passenger will entail another fee. But, it might be worth it if you don't enjoy travelling alone.

Have a great time no matter what! :)

I don't recommend doing this since they'll be looking for that last passenger and then might sail late (although not too late; there is only a short window of opportunity). Save them the aggravation. Simply show up, tell them your traveling companion will not be cruising with you. Done. You sail alone. If you want to transfer the reservation to another person, you can do that ($50 fee I think???). Just call NCL (or your TA) to arrange it. No worries.

John-

On Monday call your TA or NCL if you booked thru them to see if you can make a sub this late. If not, surely your cruise is paid for, as your friend could not get a refund this late anyway, you could convert it to a single supplement.

If you do go alone, I'd suggest going to the CC M&G and I am confident you will make friends so if you want to dine with others you can, or you can ask the hostess to share a table with other cruisers. We'd be happy to if on your cruise... I only wish!

I've read several CCrs say how wonderful cruising solo can be. Maybe you will love it!

Go, and have a blast!

Maybe the "fee" or not depends on whether final payment has been made. My husband decided in May not to go on a cruise in September (well before final payment) and I found a friend who wanted to go, who reimbursed me for my husband's fare. There was NO charge to change the name.

I am booked on a sailing in July on the Dawn. The cruise is paid for and I

have all my documents. The other person booked in my cabin cannot go now.:( I cannot get a refund because its too close to sailing. Can I still go alone? Is there anyway I can change the other person to someone that is able to go? I really dont want to lose this chance to go to bermuda so PLEASE any suggestions would be much appreciated.......

John

I'll go, call me - my DH won't mind. :p

Seriously tho sorry to hear that your cabinmate can't go, that's a bummer so close to the trip.

Archived