Waitstaff in anytime dining

xop

We're assigned to early dining, but I'm thinking about changing to anytime because we'll have our 2 & 3yr olds with us and I know that sometimes staying on schedule doesn't always happen. Also do the waitstaff in anytime dining "entertain" like the assigned dining waitstaff? I really don't care to have jokes, dancing, singing done...or this not usual behavior for waitstaff? From what I've read they do it often. Thanks

If you do anytime, you may or may not see the wait staff entertaining. We only saw one dance out of 6 dinners on my cruise where we did anytime. It was only because we just happened to have been in the dining room at that time.

We're assigned to early dining, but I'm thinking about changing to anytime because we'll have our 2 & 3yr olds with us and I know that sometimes staying on schedule doesn't always happen. Also do the waitstaff in anytime dining "entertain" like the assigned dining waitstaff? I really don't care to have jokes, dancing, singing done...or this not usual behavior for waitstaff? From what I've read they do it often. Thanks

Ive done anytime my last 4 cruises. We stuck with the same waitstaff the entire time....this can be done on request when you check in at the podium.

We had a good relationship with our waitstaff...knew our preferences, very very friendly, etc and we had a private table for 4. We caught some of the dancing and stuff but it really depended on what time you were in there. We can do without the dancing and stuff...but our waitstaff still joked with us a lot and even came to hang with us in the piano bar after hours.

Did the Anytime waiters participate in the singing/dancing or did you just see it going on in other sections?

If it was going on in the assigned dining area, the anytime wait staff participated in the dancing and stuff.

Been wondering about that because we really want to try Anytime but my son loves the singing/dancing with the waiters. Maybe we'll try to time it right to hit one of the two "showtimes" in the dining rooms each night.

You're welcome! There you go...get the best of both! Just hit it around/shortly after the normal assigned times and you should be able to see the show!

Archived