Another early saver question -

trvlqueen

FINALLY - a good price drop on our cruise that sails on October 2 (Liberty). I've been watching rates and they FINALLY dropped - and of course, I booked this one through a TA, so took a screen shot to cover my arse and have it to call the TA tomorrow - here's the question - Carnival is now offering the cash back - we'd be eligible if we booked now for the lower rate AND the cash back.

Question 1 - Will I be likely to get both with early saver? If so, that's a $300+ savings for us, which covers all gratuities and then some (happy dance). Anyone out there with any experience on a sale like this along with early saver - and yes, our cabin category is still available and I priced it out -

Question 2 - there is a lower price available for an 8A (we booked 8C) with an upgrade to 8D, but I like our cabin location and don't really have a huge desire to try to sleep under the Lido deck - so I'm willing to forego that price if needed, but if we could get the lower price, it would save us another $40 per person - so, anyone with experience on that front? Can I keep my cabin and take the lower price since the upgrade offered is to a higher cabin level than what I have currently?

We could also potentially upgrade to an 8E (that's what the 8C price gives you if you book now) on the Panorama deck - we are currently on the Empress deck with 2 lowers, a convertible sofa and an upper (hubby, me and 2 kids travelling). On the Panorama deck, the cabins seem to have 2 beds and a single convertible sofa - which seems to indicate that we'd be dealing with a rollaway.

Question 3 - anyone been in a cabin that sleeps 4 on the Panorama deck - would you recommend it?

Just trying to get some details before I contact the TA tomorrow - any advice would be very much appreciated.

Im a little confused what you said. ...to get the cash back, you have to pay the rate for that offer. So, is the price for the cash back offer lower than what you booked?? If so then yes you can switch over to it, but usually that is a higher rate $$$$. If you are asking can you get the cash back, but not pay that rate, no.

Fire - it's a lower rate, apparently, unless I'm searching it wrong. When we booked, we were at $789 pp - when I click on that sale tab now, the lowest rate comes up at $689 pp cat 8A with upgrade to cat 8D. I'd like to keep my 8C - that is still lower at $729 pp on my search. Not sure I'm searching correctly, though - it almost seems too good to be true.

(thanks for your time in answering)

It looks like the 8C moves you to an 8E at this time - which is why I was asking the ? about the 8E cabins on the Panorama deck. But even if I can get the lower rate at the 8C price (still $60 lower than my booking) without the automatic upgrade (it's still being advertised and cabins still appear to be available) OR the $160 cash back I might suck it up and take my chances on the change in cabin - as long as I can keep from being directly under the Lido deck.

As the girl with all the answers (said somewhat tongue in cheek, but with total respect), do I have a shot in the dark at the lower price AND the cash back offer? I never dreamed in a million years it could be that good a drop - was just hoping for drink $$, lol.

I dont know your date, but in all the cases I saw, the cash back offer, the amount you have to pay is higher, and wouldnt include a free upgrade. Are you trying to combine offers?? (sorry for being really confused here)... you cant combine offers, to get the cash back, you have to pay that rate ... not the past guest rate.

the fine print says the cash back offer is combinable with fun select rate only. this is from the website "Cash back offer is capacity controlled and is not combinable with any other discount or promotional offer. Combinable with Fun Select rates only." like you said.....too good to be true.:( also says valid on new booking made between 6/7 & 6/30.

Yes, but if you read the fine print on ES, it says that the fun select rate applies ... which is why I asked the question. I guess this is a new one on all of us - I hadn't seen this pop up before and look like it was even a possibility. I'll send the request up the flagpole tomorrow and see what comes back and will let you all know the outcome. thanks for trying to answer. ES at this point IS Fun Select - so any offers to Fun Select should apply to ES, UNLESS the 'new bookings' phrase gets them off the hook - in which case I'll have to take my measly (laughs) $100 pp savings and live with it. Love ES - booked it three times now and have won every time - this one might be best yet -

Yes, but if you read the fine print on ES, it says that the fun select rate applies ... which is why I asked the question. I guess this is a new one on all of us - I hadn't seen this pop up before and look like it was even a possibility. I'll send the request up the flagpole tomorrow and see what comes back and will let you all know the outcome. thanks for trying to answer. ES at this point IS Fun Select - so any offers to Fun Select should apply to ES, UNLESS the 'new bookings' phrase gets them off the hook - in which case I'll have to take my measly (laughs) $100 pp savings and live with it. Love ES - booked it three times now and have won every time - this one might be best yet -
i wish you luck but my money's on the "new bookings" clause will work in their favor. this is the first time i've booked ES and so far got a resident rate for $80pp less. just made the final payment so now we're hoping for more drops for some OBC!!!:D good luck and let us know what they tell you.

Archived