Dream Balcony Views --?????

bitemyfly

Hello all

We are big fans of balcony cabins and like to be high up on the ship. We also like the conquest class of ships . We are booked on the Dream and have a Balcony cabin on the lido deck.

In thread earlier today discussing the lido deck rooms someone posted that they did not like the views on the dream /lido as they were looking down on the lanai ???:eek:

Does anyone have first hand info if this is correct? Also if one can look down I assume that people can look up into the balcony . Being a newer ship ( which I have not sailed on) with he addition of the lanai I am starting to think perhaps some other alternatives. Being high up and looking down and out over the water is something we cherish and look forward to.

Any feedback would be welcome

Thank you

Hello all

We are big fans of balcony cabins and like to be high up on the ship. We also like the conquest class of ships . We are booked on the Dream and have a Balcony cabin on the lido deck.

In thread earlier today discussing the lido deck rooms someone posted that they did not like the views on the dream /lido as they were looking down on the lanai ???:eek:

Does anyone have first hand info if this is correct? Also if one can look down I assume that people can look up into the balcony . Being a newer ship ( which I have not sailed on) with he addition of the lanai I am starting to think perhaps some other alternatives. Being high up and looking down and out over the water is something we cherish and look forward to.

Thank you

Here are two views from a balcony cabin on Spa deck (2 decks above Lido).

2062462330079365048S600x600Q85.jpg

2891531860079365048S600x600Q85.jpg

We were on deck 11, cabin 11251, the view was fine. The more forward you are the more water you will see because the promenade deck is narrower closer to the bow.

The wider Lanai is in the middle of the ship, look at the deck plans and you should be able to see what will be beneath your balcony.

I love sitting on the balcony and looking out to sea and I could do that just fine. Standing at the rail and looking down I could see some of the promenade deck but I could still see the water. If you have to see the water hitting the ship than you should chose a cove balcony.

Edited by CorvetteLady

• 4 years later...
We were on deck 11, cabin 11251, the view was fine. The more forward you are the more water you will see because the promenade deck is narrower closer to the bow.

The wider Lanai is in the middle of the ship, look at the deck plans and you should be able to see what will be beneath your balcony.

I love sitting on the balcony and looking out to sea and I could do that just fine. Standing at the rail and looking down I could see some of the promenade deck but I could still see the water. If you have to see the water hitting the ship than you should chose a cove balcony.

Hi Corvette Lady!

We recently booked a guarantee balcony on the Dream next month. We have always had interiors. Carnival assigned our cabin today and it's room 11251. When I was researching that cabin, this thread came up. I was hoping that you could share any pictures and experience with that cabin since you've stayed in it. We are traveling with our son and any pictures that we can show him would be very helpful! Thank you in advance!

-Kelly

We had a spa balcony 12211 in January and loved it. Some have complained about no overhang for shade, but except at high noon we usually had enough back against the wall to sit in the shade. We looked down on nothing but ocean. If I was to do it again, I would move forward about two cabins as we had people standing at the railing on the deck directly above us occasionally talking. It was usually only during sail away for no more than an hour or so. But by moving forward two cabins the deck above becomes glass enclosed and nobody can lean over or even really stand at the railing.

Hello all

Thank you

I have an extended balcony on the Verandah deck aft on the Dream coming up in May, one of my friends has the Vista balcony right beside us and he and his wife just went on the Dream a couple weeks ago and I got him to go to the Lanai deck to see if he could look up to the balconies where we are at, he said you cant see in to the balconies, only if you are leaning on them looking out can anyone see you but not if you are sitting on a chair on them.

Hello all

Thank you

Since you are 2 decks above us I do not think you will have any problems with that, and yes the Lanai deck does extend out some but I can't imagine it will effect the views.

I just got off ther Dream in a cove balcony that I loved because you can see straight down into the water and they are very private. The regular balconies are set back and when you look down you see the lifeboats or the decks and people in the decks can look up and see you.

Only the Dream, Magic and Breeze are set up like this.