Honeymoon on Ruby

ejohnny

Hi Everyone,

My Fiancee and I have to decide this very soon, so any advice would be appreciated.

We are thinking of sailing Ruby Princess as part of our honeymoon. We are wondering if there is anything that we should know before we do it. I'm 28 and she is 25 - so we are looking for a mix of relaxing time and fun.

The other option we have is booking with RCI for a 1,000.00 more (Prices for princess ruby come up to 2137 for a balcony while Freedom or Liberty cost about 3100 for a balcony (prices canadian). Is the extra cash worth it??? What if we get an ocean view cabin on RCI. That would cost us about 2300. Would that be a better option?

Are upgrades available the day of cruising? Does it cost the same or less?

So confused

Princess does not sell upgrades at the pier or onboard.

As far as which cruise to take, you will probably enjoy either. A balcony on Princess would be a better experience than an ocean view on RCI.

Hi Everyone,

My Fiancee and I have to decide this very soon, so any advice would be appreciated.

We are thinking of sailing Ruby Princess as part of our honeymoon. We are wondering if there is anything that we should know before we do it. I'm 28 and she is 25 - so we are looking for a mix of relaxing time and fun.

The other option we have is booking with RCI for a 1,000.00 more (Prices for princess ruby come up to 2137 for a balcony while Freedom or Liberty cost about 3100 for a balcony (prices canadian). Is the extra cash worth it??? What if we get an ocean view cabin on RCI. That would cost us about 2300. Would that be a better option?

So confused

i'm actually having my honeymoon on the ruby this november. can't wait!

Our daughter was married on the Ruby Jan 2009. What a fantastic week it was... and a great wedding and honeymoon combination.

The Ruby is a fantastic ship... our favorite.

Congratulations to all of you and have a great cruise and honeymoon.

My wife 27 and my self 26 took our honeymoon on the ruby last march and had a blast. were both platinum and have sailed princess many times, we wanted to sail on the oasis of the seas this year to try something else but you cant beat princess pricing were in a mini-suite for our 10 day to the eastern caribbean on the emerald (ruby's identical twin) and are really looking forward to it. if you like great service and a laid back cruise book the ruby you will have a great time and if you dont like it (which i doubt) you can always go to Royal next year. good luck and if you have any questions just email me its my user name @gmail.com have a great honey moon. Adam

I have sailed on RCL and Princess. I prefer Princess right now, and Ruby is one of the reasons why. She is a totally awesome ship. If you like sports, you may want to check out RCL because of the rock climbing wall, ice skating, and flow rider offered on the ship you are considering. The Ruby offers better shows, better eating venues (especially the free ones), movies under the stars, and great nightclubs (with a lot of variety). Ruby offers more entertainment also. If it were my decision, I would pick Ruby, but if you're into more "sport" activities, RCL may be the way to go. (both have pools, jogging tracks, health club equipment, etc):D Princess is a cut above RCL, IMHO

Go for the Ruby, she is my favorite large ship, with beautiful ambiance, great food and a great crew. Having been on RCCL fairly recently I think that Princess' food is better and more available (24 hours a day) and International Cafe and Cafe Caribe have good options in the wee hours (to keep your strength up). a balcony cabin allows you to really enjoy coming into port and watching the sunset in some privacy (although do consider checking whether the balcony you choose has partial or full cover if you want privacy. Just ask on this forum and you will be steered to which cabins meet your needs. You also have the choice of a table for two or larger table, so ask the Maitre'd for what you want. I think Princess is better value for the money, and the Ruby is a fantastic ship.

Congratulations and Bon Voyage.

We were married on the Ruby in Jan 2010. It was the first cruise for both me (30) and my wife (28) and we loved it. Unfortunately I fear I am now addicted to cruising which will definitely affect my future vacation preferences. I have been going through withdrawals for months... so my biased opinion is board the Ruby :D

Archived