live, Radiance, 2/6/05

cmoq

I don't know the exact temperature but I'll bet the water temp was 85-90 degrees or so for us. I assume it was heated.

You are right;. I don't know when they changed it, not before yesterday. Last night it was at least 90 degrees - really great. Today it is even warmer and almost like a steam room in the solarium. That is where we plan on spending the afternoon. I wish it had been like this all week!

Oh I really miss the Radiance now! I have only had Captain Kent Ringborn when I was there the last 3 times. Such wonderful staff who go above and beyond their call of duty such as your example with the captain. Have you been to teh Seaview Cafe? This was one of our favorite spots for a quick bite. Oh and I was wondering if they still have the "Ship'en'dales" or if that is strictly on their Alaska run? And would you also know the name of the Loyalty Ambassador? Thanks so much!

Stacy-The last time I was on the Radiance, Tamer was our headwaiter, and was phenomenal. They all are... he should be there now as his vacation is over.

Oh I really miss the Radiance now! I have only had Captain Kent Ringborn when I was there the last 3 times. Such wonderful staff who go above and beyond their call of duty such as your example with the captain. Have you been to teh Seaview Cafe? This was one of our favorite spots for a quick bite. Oh and I was wondering if they still have the "Ship'en'dales" or if that is strictly on their Alaska run? And would you also know the name of the Loyalty Ambassador? Thanks so much!

Stacy-The last time I was on the Radiance, Tamer was our headwaiter, and was phenomenal. They all are... he should be there now as his vacation is over.

The Seaview Cafe is closed this week. I has been my only disappointment of the cruise. They are replacing the tiles in the flooring. I was looking forward to trying some of the onion rings. The Loyalty Ambassador is Carol Williams. She is great. We have enjoyed meeting her. I have not heard or read anything about the "Ship'en'dales. So maybe that is just in Alaska. Catherine

Catherine,

Thanks so much for finding out the times of the games. The last two RCCL ships we were on they had the love and marriage game right around the time we went to dinner and we missed it. It happens to be the funniest show and we're glad to hear we'll be able to make this one. Both my husband and son love trivia so I'm glad they have that scheduled too. We'll probably be late for dinner the win, lose or draw night but if we can't make it there's always the windjammer.

Sorry you didn't get a chance to eat at the Seaview Cafe, I can see where you would be disappointed. Only one way to remedy that.....good reason to book another cruise!!!!! Do you happen to know when it will re-open? Is that all they're doing for the remodeling or will they be upgrading other things?

That was so nice of Captain Darin. We've never sailed with him so we are looking forward to meeting him.

Let me say once again, THANK YOU so much for taking the time out of your vacation to answer all our questions. You've made this week waiting to cruise so much more bareable. Enjoy the rest of your cruise and have a safe journey home. :)

Skiiergirl:

We've played the games win, lose or draw and majority rules on other ships and they are a lot of fun. If they have them when you are on Radiance you should try to attend, I'm sure you'd enjoy it. Yes, I agree, Catherine has been so nice helping us all and sharing her cruise experience. That's why I love these boards.

By the way, my husband agrees with yours...if we don't get second seating if could mean a cruise breaker or switching ships. He doesn't like first seating as we dine at home around 8PM and eating at 6 would just cut into one more meal he can squeeze in at the windjammer in the late afternoon(lol). I prefer to enjoy the pool area at that time as it is less crowded. Gives you a chance to unwind and relax from touring. :)

hi Catherine, we were on the Radiance 2 weeks ago for the Eastern Caribbean. Can you do me a favor and, while you're at dinner, ask your waiter if they know Trilok (India) and Tamer (Turkey, head waiter). My name is Stacy and I sat at table 542. Say hi for me, please!!???? Let me know. Have a great time!

Stacy

Stacy, finally I met Trilok at lunch today. I told him about cruise critic and that you had asked me to say hi to him and Tamer. He said you were a nice lady. Tamer is in "room service" this week and I did not get a chance to meet him. Our waiter for dinner was very nice to track down Trilok and find out about Tamer for me. Everyone has been just super on this cruise. I have really loved it.

Catherine,

I really appreciate your going the extra mile and finding Trilok for me. We enjoyed him, but doesn't he talk extremely fast?? Wasn't it hard to understand him? Thanks again, I really, really appreciate it. I hope you can meet Tamer...you'd like him a lot, he's goofy.

Anyway, enjoy the rest of your cruise

Stacy

We are off the ship and at the Fort Lauderdale Pier 66 Hyatt. Great room with a view of the Star Princess, a Celebrity ship (it looks bigger than the Century) and two ships with a "C" on their smokestack. I don't know what they are. One is GIGANTIC. It looks so much bigger than the Star. Does anyone know what that could be?

This was a wonderful week and the worst part was debarkation. It took over an hour from getting in line when I color was called to getting our luggage. Maybe we have spoiled in the past, but this seemed like an awfully long time. We had a great time writing on the cruise and when we get home I will get Bob to post some of our pictures.

We are off the ship and at the Fort Lauderdale Pier 66 Hyatt. Great room with a view of the Star Princess, a Celebrity ship (it looks bigger than the Century) and two ships with a "C" on their smokestack. I don't know what they are. One is GIGANTIC. It looks so much bigger than the Star. Does anyone know what that could be?

If the stack is yellow, it is likely a Costa ship. They have 2 ships in Port Everglades each Sunday.

If the stack is yellow, it is likely a Costa ship. They have 2 ships in Port Everglades each Sunday.

Thanks for the answer. I have never heard of them before. I will check themout.

how was the atrium on the Radience?

Gorgeous! It went from the 4th to the 12th floor. It had a mobile made of cloth and stainless steel which changed colors at night. A very pretty part of the ship. We have some pictures of the atrium which we will be posting later this week.

Hi Catherine! We just read all of the posts on this thread...AWESOME!!! You were a busy bee on this cruise! Great info for everyone! It was great meeting you and your husband! I'm just sorry that neither of us made it to the Meet & Mingle. Lots of highlights of this cruise...glad to hear the two of you enjoyed it as much as we did! Out of all of our cruises...this one was definitely in the top 3!!!

Sorry we didn't get to chat more...guess that's for the next cruise!

Take care...I'm sure we'll be chatting on the boards!

Hi Carrie, I really enjoyed meeting you and your dh. I thought the murder mystery was a hoot! I can't wait to do another one, but I was told that it is the same every week. When we told I waiter where we were on Wednesday night, he said, "its the brother, right?" I hope to meet you on another cruise. Sorry we didn't make the meet and mingle. I think that would have been fun. I just wish we had realized earlier that it had been changed to a day earlier. Our next cruise is on the Golden Princess around Great Britain in May. Catherine

Archived