live, Radiance, 2/6/05

cmoq

Captain Darin is on board until February 27. Captain Kent returns on that day and wil be on board until his retirement on May 7.

Gordon Whatman the CD just returned to the ship so he will be on board for about 4 months.

Willie the Concierge is fabulous and should be on board for several months as well as he returned to the ship recently.

Carol Williams is the Loyalty Ambassador and will be on board until about May 21.

Hope that helps.

Do you think Willie will be on board for the April 17 cruise through the Panama Canal? I would just be so thrilled if he were there! Loved him to pieces on our Hawaii trip. The only concierge to make martinis.....at least from my experience. :D

the water in the solarium pool this week is salt. I don't think they would change this from week to week, but I do know that there is salt water in there now.

The murder mystery was a great evening. It cost $49.50 per person and was worth it. Great entertainment. We started with champagne and canapes in the Colony Club at 7:00. This week's mystery was "The Curse of the Dark Star Diamond". There were seven "actors" who did a skit to introduce in the characters and tell some about the mystery. Everyone sat around the dance floor which was turned into a "stage". We then proceeded (after much champagne) to Portofino's for dinner. There was one of the actors at our table who would answer questions about the mystery. The food and service were outstanding. Bob and I found out a short while into the first course that the couple sitting beside us was cgage(carrie) and her husband Tim, who had been on our meet and mingle board. This added to the fun of the evening, being able to talk with them about this board. Everyone was given a card to vote for the murderer. It turned out there were 20 correct votes. They then had drawings for about 15 prizes.

I won a rc 6 pack cooler. they also had rc caps and bottles of wine for prizes. This was a great evening. Also all the wine, red or white, you cared to drink with your meal.

Today was Grand Cayman. There are five ships here. Town was packed. We went ashore for a short while -- too many people. We came back and hit the uncrowded pool.

Tonight is the second formal night.

I will check on the times for the games, etc. and get back with the answers

pedrn: I don't understand how to do the test. I went to the site you referenced but still don't know what you want to know. I can tell you we have done the internet cafes on many ships and they were all very unsatisfactory. This week we have been having a great time and it is very fast. Today in Grand Cayman it was a little slow, but still took just seconds to sign on. I don't know what the difference is. Bob has been on line with his paralegal for hours today doing ims. I almost wish we had not brought our laptop, but I have enjoyed e-mailing friends and family also. Bring your laptop. Don't listen to people tell you its slow. Its not.

Thanks for trying... I don't know much about site except when you run test it gives you a download speed and and upload speed. Other than that I leave it to DH. That is his ballgame. I think we will bring laptop. I am guessing it is still $100 for a week or $120 for two weeks.

Chris

the water in the solarium pool this week is salt. I don't think they would change this from week to week, but I do know that there is salt water in there now.

Thats strange. I was the one who posted it was fresh. I went in the solarium pool a couple of times and it was fresh. In fact, the utility areas for the pools were across the hall from our room. One night there was a maintenace guy carrying a couple of empty chlorine containers down the hall that he had just emptied. I agree it does not make sense that it would change week to week. Very odd to me.

Thats strange. I was the one who posted it was fresh. I went in the solarium pool a couple of times and it was fresh. In fact, the utility areas for the pools were across the hall from our room. One night there was a maintenace guy carrying a couple of empty chlorine containers down the hall that he had just emptied. I agree it does not make sense that it would change week to week. Very odd to me.

That is very weird! Well, jrm9999 I sure hope ours next week will be fresh water! I might actually swim in it then!

I don't understand how to do the test.

Here is an easy way to run the test:

1. Go to this link http://www.dslreports.com/stest

2. Then click on "Test speed using our server at ......." You can pick any of the 4 listed. I personally use the Linkline one a lot myself.

3. Click start on the next screen and test will run.

4. When finished a report will show your upload and download speed.

There was chlorine in the water. I guess they want to take all the precautions they can with spreading germs. I got a mouthfull once when I was in the pool, and no question, that was clorinated salt water. The water is brought up each day from the ocean. That is why the water was freezing the day we left Miami, but has been warmer since, not hot, just warmer. I wish it had been heated some this week. We have two more days and may find that it will be heated on one of those days.

Do you think Willie will be on board for the April 17 cruise through the Panama Canal? I would just be so thrilled if he were there! Loved him to pieces on our Hawaii trip. The only concierge to make martinis.....at least from my experience. :D

I asked Willie last night and he said he would be on board for your cruise. I told him what you said about his great martinis. He wanted to know your name, but I was not able to tell him. He did tell me that he also makes a very mean cosmopolitan. I look forward to trying one of those tonight.

Catherine,

Sorry to bother you again but did you get a chance yet to find out what time the games like love and marriage, win, lose or draw, and majority rules starts? We are wondering if we'll be able to attend those if we are on second seating. Also, please let me know if there was any trivia as an activitiy during the day or evening. Thanks.

Enjoy the rest of your cruise. :)

SF....I'm sure Catherine will jump in and give you all of your answers. It is so sweet of her to post while onboard. I have never heard of win,lose, or draw or majority rules but Love & Marriage is always held around 10:30 to 11ish so that both first and second seating guests can attend. Same goes for Quest and the other adult game shows. Hope this helps a little.

Catherine,

Sorry to bother you again but did you get a chance yet to find out what time the games like love and marriage, win, lose or draw, and majority rules starts? We are wondering if we'll be able to attend those if we are on second seating. Also, please let me know if there was any trivia as an activitiy during the day or evening. Thanks.

Enjoy the rest of your cruise. :)

I checked all of the compasses and the only game show which started before 10:15 was Win Lose or Draw which was held at 8:15 on Wednesday. Trivia as follows: monday 2:30 - 3:00 Colony Club; Tuesday 10:00 morning trivia Colony Club; Wednesday 4:00 team trivia; Friday 10:00 morning trivia. There were no trivia games listed for the evening hours and none for Thursday.

Hello Catherine,

Just a shot note from a fellow Tarheel! You are so lucky to be away from NC the past couple of days, it has really turned cold again. The wind gust here in Raleigh yesterday were up to 30 mph!

Have a couple of cousins in Wilmington and it was my brothers home also, until he passed away.

Have a great vacation! Pat in NC

Hello Catherine,

Just a shot note from a fellow Tarheel! You are so lucky to be away from NC the past couple of days, it has really turned cold again. The wind gust here in Raleigh yesterday were up to 30 mph!

Have a couple of cousins in Wilmington and it was my brothers home also, until he passed away.

Have a great vacation! Pat in NC

Thanks for the well wishes. It has been cool here, but nothing like NC. I have a cousin named Pat who lives in Southport and at first I thought this e-mail may be from her. She loves to cruise. Hope you are able to hit the high seas soon.

That is why the water was freezing the day we left Miami, but has been warmer since, not hot, just warmer. I wish it had been heated some this week. We have two more days and may find that it will be heated on one of those days.

I don't know the exact temperature but I'll bet the water temp was 85-90 degrees or so for us. I assume it was heated.

I don't know the exact temperature but I'll bet the water temp was 85-90 degrees or so for us. I assume it was heated.

Wow! That is a lot warmer than it is this week. I haven't tried it today. But will stick at least my big toe in it tomorrow. I would love for it to be warm enough to be in without being way to cold. Even in the other pool very few adults have been in the water this week. Two or three, at the most at a time. I am sure they are glad it is not crowded. We have done mostly the hot tubs, but I have tried the other pools. Are you ready to do it again. I am trying not to think about tomorrow being the last day.

Not only is he a good Captain. He is also great at PR. Last night at the repeaters' party Bob showed Captain Darin a picture he had taken Monday of a lighthouse off the coast of Cuba and asked the Captain if he could tell him the name of the lighthouse. Captain Darin could not, right off hand, took the picture, put it in his pocket, asked our cabin number(without knowing our names); and was interrupted by another guest. We had planned on seeing him at the C&A brunch this morning and reminding him about the picture, but he was not there. So, good-bye picture.

Aaron, our cabin attendant, just returned the picture with a nautical chart of Cuba showing the portion where the Paredon Grande Lighthouse, Cuba is located. The chart is sealed with the Radiance's seal and signed by Captain Darin. WHAT A GREAT GIFT THIS IS. Not only did he take the time to find out who we were among the 400 repeater guests this week, but he also very promptly answered our question with a gift that will be framed and hang on our wall.

Captain Darin, we will follow you in our cruises. You are the best.

Not only is he a good Captain. He is also great at PR. Last night at the repeaters' party Bob showed Captain Darin a picture he had taken Monday of a lighthouse off the coast of Cuba and asked the Captain if he could tell him the name of the lighthouse. Captain Darin could not, right off hand, took the picture, put it in his pocket, asked our cabin number(without knowing our names); and was interrupted by another guest. We had planned on seeing him at the C&A brunch this morning and reminding him about the picture, but he was not there. So, good-bye picture.

Aaron, our cabin attendant, just returned the picture with a nautical chart of Cuba showing the portion where the Paredon Grande Lighthouse, Cuba is located. The chart is sealed with the Radiance's seal and signed by Captain Darin. WHAT A GREAT GIFT THIS IS. Not only did he take the time to find out who we were among the 400 repeater guests this week, but he also very promptly answered our question with a gift that will be framed and hang on our wall.

Captain Darin, we will follow you in our cruises. You are the best.

Wow, that was a neat surprise. Very cool.

Catherine, I know you are busy anwering everyones questions, but I wondered if you had the chance to ask your head waiter about Tamer--the head waiter in the Cascades Dining Room? My name is Stacy...

just wondering, no big deal. ENjoy the rest of your cruise

Stacy

I have not asked yet, but I will. I could not remember the names at dinner last night, but now I have them written down to take with me.

Archived