Past Guest Perks

sunflwr19

On another thread someone mentioned that there are past guest perks you can receive if you go to the pursers desk. I am curious as to what kind of perks you receive, so I thought I would start a new thread. Anyone know of any past guest perks that you can receive at the pursers desk or anywhere else?

Never heard of anything like that... other than some have gotten a deck of cards, but I don't think it is a perk, and I think many ships have gotten away with that. Your past guest perks are basically a past guest cocktail party, discounts on select sailings... but as far as going to the pursers desk and picking anything up, I have not seen or heard of that :confused:

as past guest on carnival ships the only perks are a cocktail party by inviation only and a collectors pin of the ship you are cruising on. I have heard of getting bump up to better rooms when the ship is not sold out never happened to us .

We had a GREAT time at the past guest party on the Sensation. I hadn't had a DROP of alcohol since our cruise on the Conquest in October of 2003, so after a bloody mary and two glasses of wine I was feeling NO pain. They showed a movie about the history of Carnival, and I sat there and CRIED. I was so embarrassed!!! My husband was laughing at me - until he walked into a doorframe after having 8 or 9 foofoo drinks :)

It was a blast - and you can't complain about 45 minutes of free alcohol and tasty foods.

Sure, I'd love to have more past guest perks - but the past guest party and the occassional past guest discounts/upgrades are nice.

On another thread someone mentioned that there are past guest perks you can receive if you go to the pursers desk.

Hahahahahahahahahahaha.

<snort> That's the funniest thing I've heard this week.

In all seriousity, as others have posted previously, the cocktail recetion and occasionaly cruise discounts are it. Oh, and let's not forget the brief subscription to Currents.

They showed a movie about the history of Carnival, and I sat there and CRIED.

I know I got misty when they showed it. :o I started remembering my first cruise some 19 years ago before I met my husband and before my children were born. I now have the pleasure of sharing the cruising experience with them. :)

Be sure to indicate that you're a past guest on the Fun Pass, so you'll be sure and receive an invitation to the party.

When I check the past guest box on the Fun Pass it tells me it can't find a record of my past cruises. I've checked and rechecked, and all of the information is correct and hasn't changed since the last 6 Carnival cruises. I've called three times and e-mailed Carnival and they just tell me not to worry about it - a glitch in the system - but I want my invitation. When I go to my Profile page on their website, it lists ALL my cruises. Any thoughts?

When I check the past guest box on the Fun Pass it tells me it can't find a record of my past cruises. I've checked and rechecked, and all of the information is correct and hasn't changed since the last 6 Carnival cruises. I've called three times and e-mailed Carnival and they just tell me not to worry about it - a glitch in the system - but I want my invitation. When I go to my Profile page on their website, it lists ALL my cruises. Any thoughts?

They will have you in the system when you check in. That may be what the OP is talking about. The fun pass system doesnt always recognize past guest numbers. You can always go to the pursers desk and confirm that you are in the system, so you can get your invitation to the past guest party.

CrazyMums - It would be a good idea to go to the purser's desk (not the day of embarkation, it's too busy, so go the next morning) and ask them to check to make sure you'll be invited to the past guest party.

........And to whoever asked above, yes, you also get a ship's pin either with your invitation or handed to you as you enter the party.

I've never been to a past guest party. It seems they are always scheduled at 6pm when we are late seating diners, so we didn't want to get dressed 2 hours early. Is it a nice "affair" or more casual?

I don't want to look like a bum walking in, but a free drink is a free drink!

I am now going to be a past guest on up coming cruise.

spoke with Carnival, woman on phone told me you have to be invited to past guest party, every past guest does not get to go.frown.gif

has anyone not been invited before?

I thought they scheduled the past guest parties per your dining time. 2 different parties. I know ours have always been right before dinner, whether we're doing early or late.

The last few times, the repeaters party has been held mid-late afternoon either on a sea day, or after an early departure from port. But YMMV.

*One* party, regardless of your dining assignment. On the Triumph it was held in the main show lounge, and the place was packed.

Yep, Tef's correct....one past guest party per cruise. It WILL vary as to time and location. I've been to the pg parties in late afternoon, and also at 7:15pm (between dining seatings), and once at 3 in the aftn.:eek: No rhyme nor reason, really.

Perhaps Lauri is confusing the PG party with the Welcome Aboard Party, which IS held prior to each dining seating on formal night.

Ryic - All past guests should be invited to the PG party, but sometimes there is a computer glitch. Just go to the purser's desk and make sure your name is on the list to receive an invitation. The invitation will be delivered to your cabin, with your name on it. You take it with you, and someone will take it at the door. (You may receive a ship's pin with the invitation, or you may have it handed to you at the party.):)

I am now going to be a past guest on up coming cruise.

spoke with Carnival, woman on phone told me you have to be invited to past guest party, every past guest does not get to go.frown.gif

has anyone not been invited before?

I think what she was trying to say is that you cant go to the party without an invitation. Just stop by the pursers desk and make sure they have you in the system as a past guest.

no, she actually said they only invite certain # of people and if there are more than that sailing they pull names. thought it was odd.

they already do know I am a past guest.

will have to wait patiently by the door for my invite smile.gif

no, she actually said they only invite certain # of people and if there are more than that sailing they pull names. thought it was odd.

they already do know I am a past guest.

will have to wait patiently by the door for my invite smile.gif

No, maybe it was that Carnival Reps final day and she wanted mess with passengers. Its not the Past Guest Lottery Party. All past guest are invited.

Perhaps Lauri is confusing the PG party with the Welcome Aboard Party, which IS held prior to each dining seating on formal night.

I wasn't totally sure about whether or not every ship's PG party had 2 separate times. But I know there were 2 times on our Legend cruise last month and I'm pretty sure there were 2 on the Glory. That one was in 10/03 so I wouldn't swear to it. Can't remember on the other ships, too far back. ;) I've only been to one welcome aboard party and it was on the Glory.

Archived