How has sailing been on the Jewel recently?

A question for all the people that have been on the Jewel recently. Have you hit any rough seas with a lot of rocking or swaying? Have the seas been calm? Have all the recent cruisers made it to GSC?

Another question for the cruisers that stayed in a mini-suite on the 11th floor near the front of the ship. Have you felt a lot of motion while you were in your cabins? I'm getting concerned because I upgraded to a mini and my niece gets seasick easily. We've only been on one other cruise and she felt seasick a couple of times, but we were towards the back on the 9th floor.

When it comes to the weather, it's hurricane season and they are predicting a bad hurricane season this year. Has anyone that cruised recently to the Bahamas sailed through any storms, et cetera.

Thanks.

Seas are hard to predict, what someone gets, you might not.

Best bet is to bring all the supplies and hope for the best.

I was shocked how calm it was from NY to the islands 2 years ago.

I'm hoping for smooth seas again in Oct.

What is your cabin # or how far from the front of the ship are you?

I get sea sick but I make sure I am in the center of the ship.

I think Ive only been as high as deck 19 on a ship.

Weather questions are impossible to answer, you must know that.

We were in the front on one of our cruises and it was bumpy and you could not have the balcony door open at the same time someone came through the cabin door. Blew stuff all over the place.

Motion is more noticeable in the front of the ship; if you niece got sick before she probably will again. Bring medications to treat her symptoms; don't rely on the ship to provide them.

Just got off the Jewel yesterday and we had perfect sailing weather every day, except for the last (Friday) sailing back to NY. It was noticably rougher and windier on the decks, but perfect every day up until then. We sailed the same week last year to Bermuda and it was a nightmare of a sail. Weather is unpredictable - hope for the best!

We also just got back from the Jewel and found our sailing smooth with beautiful, sunny weather each day. Our last day was still sunny, but noticably dryer, windy and much cooler. Actually we found it refreshing after so many days of very hot and humid weather. I thought this was our smoothest sailing so far. Possibly the Jewel, being the largest of the other two NCL ships that we sailed, can handle the seas better. It's a great ship. We did make it to GSC. Rent a clamshell which will get you on the first tender and a first row seating in the clamshell area. It's all the way over to the left when you get off the tender, first come first served in regards to where you will be sitting in this area. The clamshell is reserved, but not it's location. Lift the back of the clamshell up and rest it on the back of the lounges for some ventilation otherwise you will be in a "clambake". It was very hot and humid that day and the clamshell kept you out of the sun but there was no breeze in the shell at all, unless you lift it up. If you think you might be prone to seasickness, take a Bonine the night before you start cruising and one each night of the cruise. Don't wait until you start to feel nausea. This is what my husband usually does, but this trip, we found so smooth, he stopped taking it after a day or two and was fine. The seas are unpredictable as another cruiser stated and one can never count on what the weather will bring. Have a great cruise and enjoy.

Archived