Question about Advance Murano's Booking

QueenDido

I'm taking my best friend on the March 6 2011 Solstice sailing to the Eastern Caribbean to celebrate her 25th birthday. Her birthday is the second night of the cruise (which I believe tends to be the formal night) and I want to book us a table at Murano's for the evening. I'd prefer an 8 or 8:30 seating, which I know will be prime time.

When I look at My Reservations on the Celebrity site (I booked directly), it seems to indicate that I can only make a reservation 4 days in advance of the sailing, but these boards definitely have several posts about making reservations way in advance. My question is -- how far in advance can I make the reservation? Should I just call since I can't seem to do it online? Can I make a special request for a table by a window if available? And should I let them know we are celebrating a birthday?

Thanks!

I would call, as Formal night does book quickly for Murano, which doesn't really have window (as in sea view) seats. Tuscan Grille or Silk Harvest have the beautiful views. I would let them know about the birthday--but you might also want to go to the restaurant after boarding to make sure it's noted. We were just on the Solstice--beautilful ship--you'll have a grand time!

Are you sure you read that right, about the 4 days? I think it says "you can book up to 4 days before you cruise". I misread that too & then realized & was able to book the Murano for our Oct. cruise. Just double check and give it a try. Good luck. :D

I think you can book the specialty restaurants as soon as your cruise is booked. When we sailed on the Century I check Murano several months in advance and was only able to get 6PM, because all the prime times were already booked.

Beth

I think you can book the specialty restaurants as soon as your cruise is booked. When we sailed on the Century I check Murano several months in advance and was only able to get 6PM, because all the prime times were already booked.

Beth

It's not working that way for me. I booked a Panama Canal cruise for Jan 2, 2011 in early March and I still can't book select dining, speciality restaurants or tours.

I'm taking my best friend on the March 6 2011 Solstice sailing to the Eastern Caribbean to celebrate her 25th birthday. Her birthday is the second night of the cruise (which I believe tends to be the formal night) and I want to book us a table at Murano's for the evening. I'd prefer an 8 or 8:30 seating, which I know will be prime time.

When I look at My Reservations on the Celebrity site (I booked directly), it seems to indicate that I can only make a reservation 4 days in advance of the sailing, but these boards definitely have several posts about making reservations way in advance. My question is -- how far in advance can I make the reservation? Should I just call since I can't seem to do it online? Can I make a special request for a table by a window if available? And should I let them know we are celebrating a birthday?

Thanks!

Hi:) you misread it.....you have up till 4 days prior to sailing to

reserve on line. You sail on March 6th, 2011? You can book on

line up to March 2nd.

So, you have lots of time anyway since you are not sailing 7 months.

I would say make the reservation as soon as the site allows it.

You are too far out right now, that is probably why it is not allowing

you to book it at this time. Wait a few months and try again.

I would say October.

And if you booked directly through Celebrity, yes, you can tell

them you are celebrating a friend's birthday. If you booked through

a TA, they need to tell X.

Have a great cruise:D

Thanks!

We are doing the translantic cruise out of Rome the end of October and we have already booked the Murano. You can do it now.

I'd like to try Tuscan Grille for my late October sailing. If I reserve it now through the site can I cancel it later? When will my card be charged?

If its any help I booked the wrong restaurant by mistake and was

allowed to cancel it straight away on the celebrity website by 'view/

modify' reservations, and was sent an email to confirm cancellation

against booking number and credit card.

Speciality Restaurants were charged against my credit card straight

away last year on Solstice,

Mrs Blue Sky

It's not working that way for me. I booked a Panama Canal cruise for Jan 2, 2011 in early March and I still can't book select dining, speciality restaurants or tours.

Me neither for a Dec 27th cruise. In another thread someone said you can start 90 days prior to sailing. Can anyone confirm that?

I'd like to try Tuscan Grille for my late October sailing. If I reserve it now through the site can I cancel it later? When will my card be charged?

Your card will be charged straight away but you can cancel at any time before you leave [or possibly up to 72 hours before you depart] and you card will be credited with the refund. If you cancel onboard, you will be refunded as onboard credit.

Sue

Me neither for a Dec 27th cruise. In another thread someone said you can start 90 days prior to sailing. Can anyone confirm that?

You might try again booking your specialty restaurant and tours. We did it 4 months out. Not sure if you will be allowed to book sooner than that.

Good Luck

Archived