Itinerary change

Oceanwench

Dave & Wander,

I see what you all are saying. I too would rather be in a less crowded environment(seems to be the case as I get older). However why in the world do they appear to be dangling the carrot to get people to book by stating a later itinerary then suddenly pull back and change it? From what I've read alot of customers booked FOR the later stay. Apparently HAL knew what the situation was last year when this happened. So why did they advertise the exact same itinerary that they ended up changing again? I will survive by not being in St. Thomas until 11:00 p.m. I just feel for the people that booked weddings and such then have to scramble to change their plans. They are the ones feeling the sting. Being relativly new to cruising I have learned a valuable lesson from this though...be flexible...anything can change! Nancy

Dave & Wander,

I see what you all are saying. I too would rather be in a less crowded environment(seems to be the case as I get older). However why in the world do they appear to be dangling the carrot to get people to book by stating a later itinerary then suddenly pull back and change it? From what I've read alot of customers booked FOR the later stay. Apparently HAL knew what the situation was last year when this happened. So why did they advertise the exact same itinerary that they ended up changing again? I will survive by not being in St. Thomas until 11:00 p.m. I just feel for the people that booked weddings and such then have to scramble to change their plans. They are the ones feeling the sting. Being relativly new to cruising I have learned a valuable lesson from this though...be flexible...anything can change! Nancy

It's also that old saying you can't please everyone all the time. Or Darned if you do and darned if you dont, glad I dont have to make those decissions hehehe :)

I just have to say I'm pretty upset about the itinerary changes in St Thomas. We have a wedding planned for this day, which was supposed to be the 3rd of May. We booked with HAL because of the long stay in St Thomas. I was even in the process of having beach towels embroidered for my guests with our wedding Date. Not to mention all of the invitations, wedding registries have been done with that date as our wedding date. I've just decided there is nothing that I can do and to just "go with it" I can't control what HAL is going to change. But I wonder if I should forgo the wedding date thing on our towels just in case the decide to change it again......I can only control my own outlook on it. However, it really does suck. Another frustration is we haven't gotten a good reason on why it was changed. My wedding coordinator - who is contracted by HAL wasn't even informed of the change. When I contacted them they were in disbelief. UUGGGGGGG.

I really want this wedding to go well .....:eek: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Archived