Crown grill change there menu??

HydroAngel831

Last year I went on the Golden Princess to Alaska and my then fiancé took me out to the crown grill and we got these delicious lobsters for an extra fee. We are going to be taken my parents out to the crown grill this year to celebrate our wedding and their anniversary but I didn't see the Brazilian or the Whole Maine lobster on the menu. Did they change the menu and get rid of the larger lobster or did I just miss it?

Hi!

The whole lobster (for an extra charge) was not on the menu on the Caribbean Princess in June. There were also other changes on the menu for the Crown Grill ( for instance,the grilled onions and mushrooms on the sirloin chop were no longer available.) We had originally booked the Crown Grill for 2 separate nights, but we were so disappointed in the food on our first night there that we cancelled the second.

It's possible that we just hit a bad night, but we had eaten at the Crown Grill on the Caribbean Princess last summer as well as on the Ruby and the Crown Princess, and we had always enjoyed it greatly. This time was a definite disappointment.

However, the cruise itself was great!!! Enjoy!!!

Reggie

Hi!

The whole lobster (for an extra charge) was not on the menu on the Caribbean Princess in June. There were also other changes on the menu for the Crown Grill ( for instance,the grilled onions and mushrooms on the sirloin chop were no longer available.) We had originally booked the Crown Grill for 2 separate nights, but we were so disappointed in the food on our first night there that we cancelled the second.

It's possible that we just hit a bad night, but we had eaten at the Crown Grill on the Caribbean Princess last summer as well as on the Ruby and the Crown Princess, and we had always enjoyed it greatly. This time was a definite disappointment.

However, the cruise itself was great!!! Enjoy!!!

Reggie

There definitely was an extra charge lobster item on the CB June 14 cruise, though I didn't notice what it was. If it's not a North Atlantic lobster, I know I wouldn't want it. Anything else is just a big crawdad. The Grill is a nice change, but I'll say again that except for the filet, the meat alwaysseems fatty and I spend half the night trimming it.

Bosox, I agree about the lobster. Lived and worked in the Boston area all my life and would not even think to order the lobster. Now in Maine, well you get the picture.:D

There were lobsters available on the Ruby at the Crown Grille but were all gone by the time we went (no biggie). There had been a huge party there for two nights and ate most of them:D But yes, they were available in April, 2010

Last year I went on the Golden Princess to Alaska and my then fiancé took me out to the crown grill and we got these delicious lobsters for an extra fee. We are going to be taken my parents out to the crown grill this year to celebrate our wedding and their anniversary but I didn't see the Brazilian or the Whole Maine lobster on the menu. Did they change the menu and get rid of the larger lobster or did I just miss it?

Looking forward to it.:D

Your Parents..

Archived