Where to stay in Galveston??

I just googled Best Western Beachfont Inn and punched the date of 4/10/2011 and got the rate of 59.95.

Hum maybe they jack the rates up for a weekend. Our sailing is 4-17-11 and I checked prices for 4-16-11 and this is what I get both direct from the motel web site and one of those other sites we can't talk about. :confused: I guess I'll just keep checking.

Best Available Rate*No Restrictions 2 Double Beds,nosmoke,hi Speed Net,coffemakr, Hair,iron,continental Breakfast$129.95

• 2 weeks later...
I always stay at the Comfort Suites

Comfort Suites (TXB22)

5755 Bayport Blvd, Seabrook, TX, US, 77586

Phone: (281) 291-9090Fax: (281) 291-909

It's very affordable, and fairly new, Free FULL breakfast, not continental, & only about a 15-20 min drive to the terminal.

Have you been here before. We booked this because we got a great rate from our insurance membership benefits. Is it clean, when I read the reviews it didn't sound too bad compared to one that we had originally reserved in galveston. So let me know if info you have on this hotel. thanks in advance.

Three main areas to stay

On the Gulf. (Many)

On the Bay (Moody Gardens)

Downtown Historic District by Port - (Harbor House and Tremont)

see map for visual of Island

galveston.com ....interact and discover.... map

icon.gifGalveston Fun Map

A 35 x 11 inch, full-color, reliable caricature map that shows you everything fun to see and do, and the shortest route to get there!

Galveston Fun Map

dont click on the map, its a advertisement (which should be against CC rules). Its to buy maps and pricing to buy them.

• 2 weeks later...
Hum maybe they jack the rates up for a weekend. Our sailing is 4-17-11 and I checked prices for 4-16-11 and this is what I get both direct from the motel web site and one of those other sites we can't talk about. :confused: I guess I'll just keep checking.

Best Available Rate*No Restrictions 2 Double Beds,nosmoke,hi Speed Net,coffemakr, Hair,iron,continental Breakfast$129.95

If you have AAA or AARP the rate is 116.96 plus tax for those dates.

Have you been here before. We booked this because we got a great rate from our insurance membership benefits. Is it clean, when I read the reviews it didn't sound too bad compared to one that we had originally reserved in galveston. So let me know if info you have on this hotel. thanks in advance.

Oh yea, I've stayed there on a couple occasions. The hotel is very clean. The full continental breakfast is great, the rooms are nicely sized, and I believe they are all suites; (could be wrong). The pool is small, but I didn't get in nor do I really care, but if you have kids?!?!? The staff is very friendly, with the exception of the manager Chris Collety, (spelling). YES I REMEMBERED THE AZZ NAME. On my last stay, we had 2 rooms reserved with 2 people in each. We booked the rooms under govt rate as we always do, as all 4 of us work for govt and had ID's to prove. I booked my room online, and the other party booked over the phone. When they booked, the agent did not code it as govt rate and was charging him the regular rate, which was nearly double the govt rate at the time. He got his email confirming the govt rate, but at check-in, the rate was diff and he would not match. We went through LOOPS trying to get it fixed. The manager was RUDE and we even called the 800# to get it fixed and the agent on phone heard how rude the manager was to us. Nonetheless, he ended up having to pay full price, but customer service refunded the difference. Come to find out, that comfort suite is locally owned and the owner doesn't have to comply with prices. We also got a voucher for a nights free stay in which we used at same hotel a few months later. The manager Chris wasn't there, so I don't know if he's still employed. OVERALL, I HIGHLY recommend this hotel.

dont click on the map, its a advertisement (which should be against CC rules). Its to buy maps and pricing to buy them.

Yes! one may buy,

but also did you see this free option on same page!!!!!!!

"Click on the image of the Galveston Fun Map below

to view the on-line version."

FREE

Im not selling them!

Just trying to be helpful

Yes! one may buy,

but also did you see this free option on same page!!!!!!!

"Click on the image of the Galveston Fun Map below

to view the on-line version."

FREE

Im not selling them!

Just trying to be helpful

I am not a vendor!!!!!!

This is all relative to my comment

Three main areas to stay on island!!!

On the Gulf. (Many motels/hotels)

On the Bay (2 at Moody Gardens)

Downtown Historic District by Port - (2 at Harbor House and Tremont)

see map for visual of Island galveston.com ....interact and discover.... map

Galveston Fun Map

FREE

To get feel for area, of where you may want to stay.

I am not a vendor of the map!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived