Shore excursions in Hawaii (Golden Princess)

momscruising

My husband and I are cruising to Hawaii on the Golden Princess in April 2011. We were looking at the shore excursions and would like some feedback on some of the ports and what excursions you would suggest. Also, we would like to just experience a nice beach day, but don't know what to choose. Any suggestions?

Get a guidebook on Hawaii...there's waaaay too much to do in that state to detail all that's available on these boards! A guidebook will tell you EVERYTHING about Hawaii, and you can really enhance your time there by knowing what's available, where it is, and how to get there!

I just did this cruise so I will tell you what we did.......

Can't say much about Hilo because I didn't find out until the day before we docked that our private tour had been cancelled.

We just spent the day at Wal Mart and Hilo Hattie's doing our souvenir shopping.

In Kauai, we did the Fern Grotto tour. That was a nice, inexpensive excursion. Beautiful scenery.

After that, we took the free K-Mart shuttle and found a good Mexican restaurant in the shopping center. We came back and had a few drinks at Duke's on the beach. Wonderful day.

Next time, we are planning on doing a Zodiac excursion to the Na Pali Coast.

Honolulu, we did the USS Arizona Memorial/Mighty Mo excursion. When we got back, we took a free shuttle to Hilo Hattie's, and then took it to Waikiki beach. Did some shopping at the International Marketplace and then went to the Surfrider Hotel for drinks. Took a cab back to the ship.

We had a long day in Honolulu, so we took full advantage of it.

Maui, we rented a car and drove to Haleakala, walked to the top of the volcano.

On the way back to the ship, we stopped at a fabulous little restaurant, I wish I could remember the name of it. You can find it by the wood burning aroma.

:)

There is a lot to do, and that is why I am going back!

Have fun researching. Try Hawaii. com for some info.

Archived