diamond status for grown kids

Ok sailors: Getting ready to book cruise and give it to my kids for Christman present. Two girs, both have sailed diamond since they have used my address in past. One, 25 still resides at home and will be ok. Has my last name. Other, 29 is getting married before cruise and will have her last name changed. Both girls have been on 5 cruises.

Can I get diamond status for my soon to be married daughter and future husband if she uses my address? If I book both reservations, using my address, but her new name?

Ideas on how this will work? :cool:JACK IS SAILING AGAIN:cool:

Status is done by the cruises completed by that cruiser not based on your address (or by who is paying for the cruise). If the cruiser is registered with crown and anchor and has completed 10 cruise credits they will be diamond.

If the your kids have not been registered with C&A do so now. If you have documentation to back up their past cruises they can get those credits.

If she's only been on five cruises, then she'll be Platinum (14 night cruises or longer give you 2 cruise credits, suites give you 2 cruise credits).

However, if you started cruising before she was born, after her first cruise with you, she picked up your C&A status.

Oh and the future husband would not be able to get diamond status unless he has the cruise credits with RCL. He would most likely be able to check in and embark priority but would not have the other perks like CL or coupon book.

If she's only been on five cruises, then she'll be Platinum.

Not 100% true.

It depends on the length of the cruise. a 14 night cruise yeilds more cruise credits than a 3 or 5 or 7...get it? Amount of cruises doesnt matter, length of sail does.

OP: Your daughter takes her status with her when she changes her name. Her status is her status, it doesnt change b/c she gets married and moves to a new address. Future husband can not be diamond status.

Not 100% true.

It depends on the length of the cruise. a 14 night cruise yeilds more points than a 3 or 5 or 7...get it?Amount of cruises doesnt matter, length of sail does.

Yeah, that's true. Also, you get two credits with suites. I meant 5 cruise credits. Sorry for not being more specific.

If your daughters were diamond before, they will continue to be diamond. Their status stays with them, even after they leave home. At least this is what happened when our daughters moved out. They booked with their name and address and paid for thier cruise :D (I paid for the degree). They didn't accumulate additional cruise credits until they had completed ten cruises. Just my experience, but in talking with C&A at the time I am pretty sure this is the official policy, or at least it was :confused::p.

Yur daughter is an adult and will not be earning any more credits attached with you even if you flub and tell them she is at your address. At the age of 18 everyone must earn their own credits.

Kids earn credits based on the number of cruises they completed (not how many their parents have). (if parents go on cruise without kids then kids did not get those credits)

They take their completed cruise credits with them when the leave home :). If they are registered C&A members any cruises they take with RCL (no matter who pays) go to them.

Kids earn credits based on the number of cruises they completed (not how many their parents have). (if parents go on cruise without kids then kids did not get those credits)

They take their completed cruise credits with them when the leave home :). If they are registered C&A members any cruises they take with RCL (no matter who pays) go to them.

Hate to thread jack, but this is still on topic, I think...

I'm 18, and my last two cruises were as an 18 year old on RCI with my family. On my card, my status is the same as my parents.

When I go on a cruise by myself, will I get a credit for that cruise, or do I have to start over scratch with my credits, while maintaining my status?

Hate to thread jack, but this is still on topic, I think...

I'm 18, and my last two cruises were as an 18 year old on RCI with my family. On my card, my status is the same as my parents.

When I go on a cruise by myself, will I get a credit for that cruise, or do I have to start over scratch with my credits, while maintaining my status?

You will have the same status and keep going on cruise credits if you have registered with C&A.

ex if your current status is platinum and you have 9 cruise credits then your next cruise (no mater who pays for it) would take you to 10 credits (if non suite 7 days or less/more for suite or longer cruises.)

You show the same status as your parents because you have most likely traveled the same cruises with them.

Kids have their parents status until they turn 18. Then their status is whatever they have earned by cruising. Things have been fuzzy in the past but this is what is supposed to happen as of June 1, 2010. May take a while to get the computer records correct.

Oh, okay. So if you've been on every cruise your parents have been on, then you will continue to have the same status as them.

But if your parents cruised before you or without you, then after you turn 18, your status is determined by the number of cruises that you have been on.

Kids have their parents status until they turn 18. Then their status is whatever they have earned by cruising. Things have been fuzzy in the past but this is what is supposed to happen as of June 1, 2010. May take a while to get the computer records correct.

If the kids have been registered with C&A (which they put into place for kids a few years ago) they were getting their own cruise credits anyway. I have friends that are Diamond but their 2 kids have not been on the same amount of cruises so they are platinum (their sea passes show that status) They are under 18 so embark/disembark with their parents but get the perks for platinum.

RushedMom, yes, I agree with you. My grandaughter,age 3, is diamond after her first cruise because she is the same level as her mother. Assuming we continue to cruise with her at least once a year, she would have the cruise credits to make her diamond on her own by the time she reaches 18.

If kids are not registered for C&A they will take on their parents status. I guess many have not registered their kids so the new rules will be helpful for kids.

My daughter wanted her own C&A number right away when the started the option for kids to get one. I was excited that they credited her past cruises to her.

If kids are not registered for C&A they will take on their parents status. I guess many have not registered their kids so the new rules will be helpful for kids.

My daughter wanted her own C&A number right away when the started the option for kids to get one. I was excited that they credited her past cruises to her.

My grandaughter has her own C & A card. We signed her up at the end of her first cruise. She is Diamond according to C & A.

You are mistaken. Underage children living at home (til age 18) and having sailed one cruise will then get the status of their parents. Once they reach 18 their status will then be earned on their own merit.

So all adults/children in a household are brought to the level of the highest C&A level adult residing at the address?

No, the only adult brought to the level of the highest holder is the spouse and underage children. Once 18 they are one their own.

My grandaughter has her own C & A card. We signed her up at the end of her first cruise. She is Diamond according to C & A.

I think she has the same status as her parents, but not the same credits.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/cas/benefitsLoggedout.do;jsessionid=0000E0sEhGDRuBdtDhbCHpE2cMN:12hbiocak?cS=NAVBAR

If you scroll down to the "Youth Member Benefits," it says "same member status as parents after first completed cruise."

Oh, okay. So if you've been on every cruise your parents have been on, then you will continue to have the same status as them.

But if your parents cruised before you or without you, then after you turn 18, your status is determined by the number of cruises that you have been on.

Yes that is correct! Or at least according to the updated info on RC website

I think she has the same status as her parents, but not the same credits.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/cas/benefitsLoggedout.do;jsessionid=0000E0sEhGDRuBdtDhbCHpE2cMN:12hbiocak?cS=NAVBAR

If you scroll down to the "Youth Member Benefits," it says "same member status as parents after first completed cruise."

Yes, that is what I understand.

Archived