HELP 1st Time Cruiser WHAT TO WEAR

su671

Hi everyone, could anyone please help me, i am cruising around the Carebean going on 26th December 2010 with Thomson Destiny, what i would like to know, is after you have done your sunbathing during the day, say at 6ish, can you go into the bars and have a drink in your shorts "nice shorts, NOT swim Shorts", also at night i understand you have to wear Long Trousers in the Seven Seas resturant, but do you have to wear Long Trousers in all the bars/resturants in the evening, for example, would i be able to get ready at night put a nice shirt and shorts on and go and have something to eat in the Lido Cafe and then go and watch a show then go to one of the bars, dressed like this,, or would i need to wear Long Trousers,, also if i wear a pair of Linen Pants, could i wear a pair of Sandles with NO SOCKS or have you got to wear a full Shoe with No Feet Showing,, i hope somone out there can help me, any sort of help with dress itier at night would be GREAT,,,thanks Derek Aged 46 "Manchester England", also any photos from Night time would be a bonus,, Thanks again

Have you posted your question on Thomson boards? I'm not familiar with their dress code.

On most ships, casual slacks and a collared shirt (think Golf or Polo style) is fine for casual evenings.

On most ships, some folks will change back into shorts after dinner, weather permitting.....some will remain in the clothes they wore to dinner....personal preference.

Your cruise brochure should detail the "suggested dress" for your cruiseline.

Archived