Connections Party

Jerry and Shelly

We've been to good ones and not-so-good ones. I hope I don't get flamed but the one on Solstice recently was a not-so-good one. It ended up to be nothing but a complaint session. I'll admit to being a little embarrassed to say I was a Cruise Critic member. Part of the problem was the timing. There were so many activities going on at the time it was held, not too many people showed up. It is a chance to meet people from your Roll Call and you should try to go. Even as disappointing as the last one was, we've already signed up for our next two cruises.

We've been to good ones and not-so-good ones. I hope I don't get flamed but the one on Solstice recently was a not-so-good one. It ended up to be nothing but a complaint session. I'll admit to being a little embarrassed to say I was a Cruise Critic member. Part of the problem was the timing. There were so many activities going on at the time it was held, not too many people showed up. It is a chance to meet people from your Roll Call and you should try to go. Even as disappointing as the last one was, we've already signed up for our next two cruises.

Hi,:) nobody should flame you at all for talking about what happened

at a CC gathering....that would be awful but I do understand why you

prefaced your post. Things on here certainly can make people testy:eek:

To the OP.....I have also been to some gatherings that were very

well attended and enjoyable while others? Not so much. Part of it

depends on the Roll Call. Hopefully it is friendly and people take the

time out (depending on when it is held) to attend. It is really a nice

way to put names to faces:)

Is there a charge for the connections party?

No, no charge for it. It is a way to put faces to names if you have

been chatting on the roll call for your particular cruise.:)

Is there a charge for the connections party?

Completely free, unless you consider whatever cost Celebrity incurs to provide it is ultimately divided up amongt all the other passengers.;)

Worthwhile to go to for the chance to talk with other Cruise Critic members face-to-face. It would depend on what it conflicted with. I don't know if I would go out of my way just for the refreshments and pastries provided, but, hey, free is free. Can't complain.

I may be mistaken, but I think that what kind of Connections party happens depends on the leadership that evolves from our Cruise Critic group in attendance. If no one from "us" takes charge, it devolves into a shapeless meet and greet where people just wander in and either go around introducing themselves or just sit and wonder when things will begin to happen. The one I attended was this kind of thing. An equivalent would be like having a baby shower with no hostess in charge to announce the games or introduce the guests or say it's time to eat. if someone becomes host or hostess to the affair it will make all the difference. For ours, Paul Baya, the cruise director, was there, but it was not his job really to stimulate our group as he was kind of a guest.

I guess I would ask us how we can work to make our parties more fun? Who's job is it to make them more memorable or fun?

I may be mistaken, but I think that what kind of Connections party happens depends on the leadership that evolves from our Cruise Critic group in attendance. If no one from "us" takes charge, it devolves into a shapeless meet and greet where people just wander in and either go around introducing themselves or just sit and wonder when things will begin to happen. The one I attended was this kind of thing. An equivalent would be like having a baby shower with no hostess in charge to announce the games or introduce the guests or say it's time to eat. if someone becomes host or hostess to the affair it will make all the difference. For ours, Paul Baya, the cruise director, was there, but it was not his job really to stimulate our group as he was kind of a guest.

I guess I would ask us how we can work to make our parties more fun? Who's job is it to make them more memorable or fun?

Cheryl,:) you are correct.,well, in my opinion anyway. It is THE CRUISERS

who make it fun or as the case might be...not fun? The PEOPLE....

People who need people...oops that is a song:D;)

Seriously, yes, it is the folks on the Roll Call who actually make up

the gathering so yes, it would be "us" who can enhance the

experience or not.

Just signed up for a CC Connections Party on the Solstice Sept 26 cruise. First time on Celebrity, so not sure what to expect. Is it worthwhile to go to?

ABSOLUTELY!! :D

Cheryl has most of it right, but with connections with the right people BEFORE your cruise can enhance your party greatly.

Here's what we did for our Infinity Cruise, and what we got for our efforts:

Before the crusie - about 4 weeks - I emailed the Activities Director (part of the C.D. staff) and told her we were a group of over 100 who had been talking for almost a year about how GREAT this cruise was going to be, and we were REALLY looking forward to a wonderful and lively Cruise Critic get-together to kick of our best cruise ever!

We as a Rollcall Group had already planned a get-together the night before for all the ones coming in - a few of us met for dinner and got to know each other. We also set up a get-together on Embarkation Day at 3:00 at the Mast Bar - we had about 50 or 60 people there - It was fantastic!

The Party was scheduled for the 2nd day (a sea day) at 2:00 - when we got there, the orchestra was playing ! They had a huge buffet and soft drinks set up, and there were name tags and pens waiting for everyone.

The Cruise Director was there and spoke and then handed the mic to Sanita, the Activities Director and she intorduced everyone each one around the room stood up and talked a little. The party lasted for over an hour and was really great.

I asked her later in the cruise if the Constellation Club would be available if we wanted to get together again for a "Post Cruise Meet & Mingle" to exchange emails and pictures at the end of the cruise. Sanita took the ball without being asked. She scheduled the event, sent out invitations to everyone again, and had it all set up again (except for the orchestra) with snacks and drinks.

So, you get what you ask for.... ;)

We did the Solstice on 5/23 and had a VERY active roll call. We spent months planning and talking with a lot of people WOO HOOing about how great a party we were going to have. We planned a sail away party and the connections party with about 140 people. Well when we boarded everything changed....maybe 12 people or so showed up at the sail away party and about 30 or so for the connections party. The people who did the most WOO HOOing never showed up to either. One of the problems with the conenctions party is the timing, I think. Ours was at 11am on the first sea day which was our first full day....I think most people wanted to stay by the pool.

All that being said, the people we did meet made it worth going. We spent most of the cruise with them and had one of the best cruises we ever had. We did our own WOO HOOing most times in the Martini bar!!

So I guess I'm saying it's worth going and see what comes of it....unless of course you'd rather stay by the pool....HA!!

Our CC party was at 9.30 in the morning :eek: which I did not attend.

However on our roll call we had arranged to meet at a bar on the first day sailing, we also went to two balcony parties and shared a couple of tours. So well done CC but Celebrity Connections could have chose a better time !

Archived