Confirmed traditional, can we still do anytime one day?

lilacbirman

good luck with that, they check your cruise card at the door of the anytime restaurants fairly regularly and turn you away if you're assigned to traditional. But, i guess everyone's entitled to act like a 6 year old at some point in their adult lives...
yuk, yuk. Ain't that the truth.

Actually, No. Anytime was introduced nine years ago, September 2001. And, "Personal Choice" referred to the ability to choose either Traditional or Anytime dining, buffet, specialty restaurant or Room Service in your cabin. It did NOT refer to, nor imply, that you could go back or forth between Anytime and Traditional. You might have spoken to someone who implied that and if so, it would be interesting to know who that was, but at no time has any written/published reference to Personal Choice say specifically that you could have both Traditional and Anytime at the same time. For good reason: it's not fair to those choosing Anytime or unable to get off the waitlist for Traditional.

It seems this is more like I remember. Never heard onboard that you can search back and forth. Personal Choice seemed to be about having various choices for dinner, but never seemed to be about switching back and forth from TD and AD.

I still contend that Princess shouldn't say that you have the Personal Choice if you can't get TD if you want it.

It seems this is more like I remember. Never heard onboard that you can search back and forth. Personal Choice seemed to be about having various choices for dinner' date=' but never seemed to be about switching back and forth from TD and AD.

I still contend that Princess shouldn't say that you have the Personal Choice if you can't get TD if you want it.[/quote']

The Maitre D in the Da Vinci anytime dining room on the Ruby (Grand Med) was checking cruise cards the first few days to insure that only those with anytime dining could enter. We usually went between 6:45 and 7:45. Maybe at other times they weren't checking. Of course, policy could be different for Alaska. I will say the enforcement policy on the Ruby coupled with the new additional 5:30 pm traditional seating contributed to not one minute of waiting time for us. Once we were given the ligt up gadgets. But gave it back right away as it lit up when we got it. Kind of weird.

I will never understand why people think they should be able to go to anytime dining if they have chosen a traditional seating. If they are permitted to do this, then, those

of us "stuck" with anytime should be able to go to traditional dining when we feel like it, too. I just wish people would go to the dining they are assigned to instead of making anytime dining lines longer.

I will never understand why people think they should be able to go to anytime dining if they have chosen a traditional seating. If they are permitted to do this, then, those

of us "stuck" with anytime should be able to go to traditional dining when we feel like it, too. I just wish people would go to the dining they are assigned to instead of making anytime dining lines longer.

Wow - did you read all the other posts???? The ship is in port from 2-10. Most people are off the ship for dinner. Having done this route before, many people eat in port. The dining rooms are empty (due to the ship being in port late). We were encouraged to eat when we got back to the ship as they make special accomodations on days like this. Having done Alaska like 7x........ Have you been in Alaska when the ship is in ports late??? On these days, did you have to wait to get into the dining room?

I always sign up for Anytime Dining. Now that I've read this

thread, I think I'll sign up for traditional, and go to the anytime

dining room, just for fun.

LMAO. I will join you on formal night in shorts and a wife beater shirt (whatever that is). I will share the booze I smuggled in my suit case and not tip because it's an recommendation. Also I will save a chair all day even though I hate being in the sun. Ok, I draw the line at not tipping, that's a must;) Of course I will have my camera and post pictures.

I read the things said about Anytime dining and got stressed about it for my first cruise with Princess. On both occasions we had really positive experiences to the point of NEVER considering traditional again. I recall almost canceling my first cruise with Princess after reading about dress code. Not that I did not know how to dress but I did not want to waste my time with people who cared that much. It so happened RCCL was not in sailing the week I had decided to vacation so I took my chance. Again, things worked out fine in that area as well.

That's your definitionm of a policy that you want shown

to passengers!!!!????!!!!

It says I have the choice. No where does it say, once I make a choice that's it for the entire cruise.

If you want to quote something, perhaps quote something that backs up your position.

As I said, when Anytime Dining started, you were invited to change

as you wish. I haven't seen any written policy contrary to that

in the 10 years or so of anytime dining.

I always sign up for Anytime Dining. Now that I've read this

thread, I think I'll sign up for traditional, and go to the anytime

dining room, just for fun.

Nice attitude - NOT!!!:mad:

Archived