Wine on Board

nybabs

Are you able to bring wine to dinner or only consume it in your room? This is our first time on Holland America...suggestions? :D

You will have many answers, all the same.

You can take your own wine to dinner and pay a $18.00 corking fee per bottle. You will be asked by the wine steward for your cabin number. Your wine remaining in the bottle, if any, will be stored and you can ask for it at another dinner. I bought six bottles in Ft. Lauderdale prior to our May TA. Three were prosecco, a light Italian bubbly. I carried my own stoppers, used them, and they were returned when the wine bottle was emptied.

I think HAL is the only mainstream line which allows unlimited wine to be brought on board by cruisers.

Have fun

Bob :cool:

There have been several posts saying that sometimes the steward "forgets" to charge the corkage fee.

Good luck.

Ira

Very rarely does that happen -- he gets part of that corkage fee which includes a 15 gratuity.

If he doesn't charge the corkage fee -- he is hoping that you will give him a nice tip.

Hal's wine policy is really good. We bring wine on board for our suite and verandah. Unless we can find some really fantastic wines, we use HAL's wine packages for the dining room. Fantastic wine, then the corkage fee. either way, it works out great. enjoy:):)

Although the OP only asked about dining, I welcome your more complete answer. :rolleyes:

Bob :cool:

You're sending me a mixed message. You have a thumbs-up on the title, but a "sarcastic" ( :rolleyes: ) smiley. Are you genuinely saying you liked the supplemental comment, or not? :confused:

Archived