Courtesy Hold Times

As I discovered the hard way today, courtesy holds now expire at 5pm Eastern Time.

I knew they changed how long courtesy holds were for (most wont get more than 3 days any more), but they have been quiet about cancelling them at 5pm Eastern instead of Pacific time.

Just a friendly FYI.

As I discovered the hard way today, courtesy holds now expire at 5pm Eastern Time.

I knew they changed how long courtesy holds were for (most wont get more than 3 days any more), but they have been quiet about cancelling them at 5pm Eastern instead of Pacific time.

Just a friendly FYI.

Just for info, it's only 24 hours here in the UK

If you put a cruise on courtesy hold it will exprire 24 hours later. Since Royal's headquarters is in Miami, which is eastern time; that is when it will expire; however, you should be able to book it once the courtesy hold expires.

If you put a cruise on courtesy hold it will exprire 24 hours later. Since Royal's headquarters is in Miami, which is eastern time; that is when it will expire; however, you should be able to book it once the courtesy hold expires.

This is only if your courtesy hold is done online. Over the phone, they used to go up to 7 full days and expire at end of business Pacific Standard Time.

This is no longer the case. Even for travel agents. The only way to get a 7 day hold is to book a year in advance, now.

Just a friendly FYI.

Thanks for the info, I wasn't aware that things had changed............

Just for info, it's only 24 hours here in the UK

Not true.

I have just literally this second optioned a cabin whereby the option expires 27th July 2010. the option is then extendable to 1st August 2010.

It would potentially depend on the proximity of the cruise.

Not true.

I have just literally this second optioned a cabin whereby the option expires 27th July 2010. the option is then extendable to 1st August 2010.

It would potentially depend on the proximity of the cruise.

How did you manage that? I usually book direct online and have only ever seen a 24 hr hold. I just booked a Celebrity cruise the same way and that allowed me 48 hrs!

I called our TA yesterday at 2pm to get a courtesy hold for a couple of friends of ours for our cruise in September. They have until 2pm today to decide if they wanna go or they will release it..... exactly 24hours...at least that's what our TA told us.

How did you manage that? I usually book direct online and have only ever seen a 24 hr hold. I just booked a Celebrity cruise the same way and that allowed me 48 hrs!

As a Travel Agent I can option for 7 nights.

Perhaps the fact that you are booking on line loses you the ability to option for longer.

• 2 weeks later...

We always book online and I can state for a fact the courtesy hold is no longer valid for 24/hrs. At least when booking online. Recently I put a courtesy hold on a cruise at 10:00 am and was informed it expired at 2:00 am the next morning. So that was a 14 hour hold.

Archived