Bali Driver needed- recommendations please

tjandluke

I will be travelling to Bali in November on a Costa ship. We are only there for a day. I have planned our day and am looking for a recommendation of a driver to drop off and pick up. As I will be travelling alone with a 5 year old, I do not want to haggle with taxi drivers at the port. It would be a pretty easy day for the driver. I just want to be taken from boat to water park, left for a few hours, picked up and taken for a very brief walking visit to Kuta Beach and returned to the ship on time. I am looking for someone reliable who will not want to take me to various factory shops or other sight seeing etc. Just someone to do the driving and to take the stress out of the day.

If anyone can suggest someone, it would be much appreciated. I would also like to pay them in local currency on the day.

I suggest you go to tripadvisor "Bali Forum". Post the question or do a search.

I happened to read a similar post about reliable driver, but can't find anymore.

Basically, you can hire a driver 8 hours a day to anywhere you want for about $50.

We have used Rai Ngurah for our driver in Bali and find him very helpful.

He is a qualified tour guide, so I'm not sure if he would be prepared to take on a small driving job. You would have to ask him. Tell him Sue and Susan recommended him.

His email is raingurah@yahoo.com and his website is http://balipersonaltour.com/

On our recent trip to Bali, we simply used people off the street who had a car with air conditioning and seat belts. The standard of driving has improved markedly over the years we have been visiting, and there are also fewer scam artists. You can expect to negotiate in the range of 450,000 to 500,000 Rupiahs ($50-60 AUD) for a full day of touring, so as your requirements are not fuel intensive, you may be able to negotiate for less.

If money is a concern, I would take a cab meeting the ship to Waterbom Park, and then another to Kuta and another back to the ship. Ask each driver for an estimate and then offer an amount less about a quarter, and settle on something in between, or ask for the meter to be used.

Don't worry about not being able to get a taxi: it is more a case of resisting offers of 'transport, transport'. Drivers these days are less interested in taking you to shops etc. so just say 'go straight there.'

Traffic around Kuta can be very slow, although this has been helped a little by one way streets, by-passes etc, but you can still get caught in traffic jams.

Sorry, this has become something of a stream of consciousness, but I do want to reassure you about the taxis.

Cheers,

Sue

One Day in Bali could be exspensive a visa cost Usd $25 plus departure tax of about Aud $20 children the same cost, Indonesia have done away with the short stay visa. when getting a taxi make sure its a sky blue in colour and its blue bird taxis.

One Day in Bali could be exspensive a visa cost Usd $25 plus departure tax of about Aud $20 children the same cost, Indonesia have done away with the short stay visa. when getting a taxi make sure its a sky blue in colour and its blue bird taxis.

Many Blue Bird taxis are now white.

Bali is a great destination but be aware of a huge break out of Denghu fever so plenty of mossy repellant read instructions before spraying children, stay away from dogs and the monkey forrest they have rabies.

there is also a terroist warning out by the Aussie government.

when going to water bomb park take towels close to the park is a huge shopping plaza there is a Forrest Gump restaraunt close by great snacks

for the children Bali is close to Perth we often go for a long week end.

when going to water bomb park take towels close to the park is a huge shopping plaza there is a Forrest Gump restaraunt close by great snacks

for the children Bali is close to Perth we often go for a long week end.

LOL I don't know how big an attraction Forrest Gump's is to you ...

Being from California I am positively not flying halfway around the world for a Bucket of Sea Trash!!;)

LOL I don't know how big an attraction Forrest Gump's is to you ...

Being from California I am positively not flying halfway around the world for a Bucket of Sea Trash!!;)

The last time i was in California iit was closed run Mike run

Water Bomb Park is a huge park full on water slides and paddle boats for children its one of the resorts that familys go for a day out its a must if you visit Bali Forrest Gump cafe is next door again great for kids burgers and pizza. i don,t know where you get seafood trash from. Bali is only a 3 hour flight from Australia with 62 flights a week from Perth Alone

looking at your photo you look as you see food and eat it.

Forrest Gump cafe is next door again great for kids burgers and pizza. i don,t know where you get seafood trash from.

Ah -- no insult intended! I love Forrest Gump's, and my favorite order there is called, Gump-wise, a "Bucket of Sea Trash" being a bucket full of shrimp, fish, scallops and similar good stuff!

I am just not going to fly to Bali to get it! In Bali I will try to find the local food. If you fly from Australia to California, a Bucket of Sea Trash IS the local food! ;o)

Peace ...

Forrest Gump in Bali is not a franchise its just a name stolen from your country. i will be in Sanfrancisco in October cruising from Southampton UK then home to Ozy is there a forrest gump in San Fran ? if so i will try the sea food trash.if you ever come this way Bali is a island paradise good affordable acomadation cheap food and booze. weather allways about 95 fht.the Balinese are friendly people there differant from main land Indonesia religion is Hindu

Forrest Gump in Bali is not a franchise its just a name stolen from your country. i will be in Sanfrancisco in October cruising from Southampton UK then home to Ozy is there a forrest gump in San Fran ? if so i will try the sea food trash.if you ever come this way Bali is a island paradise good affordable acomadation cheap food and booze. weather allways about 95 fht.the Balinese are friendly people there differant from main land Indonesia religion is Hindu

When you are in San Francisco, be sure to check out Pier 39 which is an amazing tourist attraction. The aquarium is amazing! One of the many many seafood restaurants on the Pier is Bubba Gump's Shrimp Company! For a tourist it is well worth a visit!

• 1 month later...
Please see my reply in Costa forum

Thanks to all who replied.

A couple of drivers were not interested in such a short day.

I have booked and confirmed the driver recommended by Whitby Lass.

I just did not want the hassle of haggling and such when we are on such a short time frame. I have paid more than I should but am happy to do that to ensure the day goes smoothly.

• 2 weeks later...
I will be travelling to Bali in November on a Costa ship. We are only there for a day. I have planned our day and am looking for a recommendation of a driver to drop off and pick up. As I will be travelling alone with a 5 year old, I do not want to haggle with taxi drivers at the port. It would be a pretty easy day for the driver. I just want to be taken from boat to water park, left for a few hours, picked up and taken for a very brief walking visit to Kuta Beach and returned to the ship on time. I am looking for someone reliable who will not want to take me to various factory shops or other sight seeing etc. Just someone to do the driving and to take the stress out of the day.

If anyone can suggest someone, it would be much appreciated. I would also like to pay them in local currency on the day.

We recently spent time in Bali with an excellent driver whose name is Blue. His english is very good. He lives near Ubud but would most likely do a pickup from your ship. Will you need to be picked up at Benoa Harbour? The best way to contact Blue is by text message to his mobile on 628123658453 ( this number includes indonesia's access code). Bali Waterbom Park should be good fun for your child but be prepared for traffic gridlock around Kuta. Have fun!!

We recently used an excellent driver in Bali called BLUE. You can contact him via text message on his cell phone (including Indonesia's access code) 628123658453. His vehicle will fit up to 6 people without suitcases. Maybe other kids and parents would like to share the daytrip with you-Waterbom park should be fun but be prepared for traffic gridlock at Kuta !! have a great trip.

• 3 weeks later...

we have just returned from 30 Asian Odessey and our last stop was Bali. Here we hired a guide and driver for the day and part of the day we went to the Bali Marine and Safari Park. We had a ball. It was a wonderful day but we did not ride the elephants. We had done this in Thailand already. I highly recommend this place and if you need a guide and driver here is wo we used. He also has a website that you can look at

info@baliexploretours.com

http://www.baliexploretours.com/

hope this helps

narelle

• 1 month later...
When you are in San Francisco, be sure to check out Pier 39 which is an amazing tourist attraction. The aquarium is amazing! One of the many many seafood restaurants on the Pier is Bubba Gump's Shrimp Company! For a tourist it is well worth a visit!

Mike i have just returned from Sanfrancisco I took your advice and had the trash bucket in buba gumps whilst on a tour of Monteray the bucket was eneogh for my wife and I thank you Grumphy

• 1 year later...

hi my name is krishna the bali driver

i found this forum accidentally and looks very interesting for me...

if you need a bali driver , you can contact me , it is my pleasure to drive you around our lovely island

i will show you our beautiful scenery on bali and our unique cultural and of course the bali's local life

for full day tour service is only 35 USD approximately 10 hours/trip

dont be hesitate to contact me , at krishna.bali.driver@gmail.com

or you can see my site : http://balitourdrivers.webs.com

Archived