Assignment of Cabins

nybabs

I am pretty happy with our cabin assignment....it was posted yesterday AM when I checked...we went from a VH guarantee to a VC....a forward cabin on the verandah deck....has a plexiglass rail so I can sit on the balcony and watch the world go by :) and a tub ib the bathroom....so life is good (I was just hoping we could avoid the steel railing and a shower only VH cabin!

It is very exciting to feel like I have a home and will not be having my luggage delivered to "Staple Here":):):)

Since we got our cabin assignment back in the late part of May/early June, that should be the cabin we actually end up with?? After scoping it out online, I like where it is located for the most part. It's a lanai CA (I think) so we probably will stay with that assignment won't we? I would hate to get a "better" cabin but a worse location.

Although since neither of us has been on a cruise, they could probably put us anywhere and we wouldn't know if it was good or bad!

Since we got our cabin assignment back in the late part of May/early June, that should be the cabin we actually end up with?? After scoping it out online, I like where it is located for the most part. It's a lanai CA (I think) so we probably will stay with that assignment won't we? I would hate to get a "better" cabin but a worse location.

Although since neither of us has been on a cruise, they could probably put us anywhere and we wouldn't know if it was good or bad!

It is possible, but not very likely, that you could be upgraded further. The next step above a CA is a BC Verandah Suite - presuming you are on either the Veendam or Rotterdam since you mention it is a lanai cabin. The Verandah Suites are much scarcer and pricier than Outsides, and while getting one as an upgrade is not unheard of, it is not very common. I would prefer a BC (or above) over a CA regardless of location! :)

It is possible, but not very likely, that you could be upgraded further. The next step above a CA is a BC Verandah Suite - presuming you are on either the Veendam or Rotterdam since you mention it is a lanai cabin. The Verandah Suites are much scarcer and pricier than Outsides, and while getting one as an upgrade is not unheard of, it is not very common. I would prefer a BC (or above) over a CA regardless of location! :)

If we get upgraded to a suite, it would be nice, but what we have now is fine with us. We are going to be happy either way. You only have one first cruise, so I think it would take something major to make us disapointed.

2 questions regarding guaranteed cabins:

1) Is it true that the closer to the sail date you get your cabin assignment, the more of a chance there is that you are getting an upgrade?

2)If I see a deal on the internet that is the same price I paid, but includes perks (coupon book, onboard credit, etc) should I call my TA and ask for the perks?

2 questions regarding guaranteed cabins:

1) Is it true that the closer to the sail date you get your cabin assignment, the more of a chance there is that you are getting an upgrade?

I hope you are right with #1. We sail on Sunday 8/8 on the Oosterdam and are still waiting a cabin assignment. It's our first with HAL and are very excited. Just hope that we don't have to sail in the "staple here" cabin.

We too are in a Guarantee HH cabin. Our online TA told us as did a rep from HAL that the longer no cabin assigned the better chance for upgrades.

Time will tell.

Let us know how you do ok ?

Have a great great cruise with plenty of AC in your cabin too !

I hope you are right with #1. We sail on Sunday 8/8 on the Oosterdam and are still waiting a cabin assignment. It's our first with HAL and are very excited. Just hope that we don't have to sail in the "staple here" cabin.

Just got our cabin assignment ... 2 days out. Went from an NN to an H Oceanview fully obstructed... Woo Hoo !!! Not bad for a visit from the upgrade fairy. Our friends book the same and ended up with an N. So I guess we just got really lucky. Good luck to you and enjoy !!!

Sailing on veendam

booked N gty (standard interior)

Yesterday we were assigned to a G (ocean-view with porthole)

I then asked my TA to check for an upsell offer. He called me back later and was able to get me a BA Verandah Suite for $200pp.

seemed like an excellent deal to me. never expected this to happen.

Nice....

Sailing on veendam

I then asked my TA to check for an upsell offer. He called me back later and was able to get me a BA Verandah Suite for $200pp.

Sailing on veendam

I got the same deal!!

Just got our cabin assignment ... 2 days out. Went from an NN to an H Oceanview fully obstructed...

Oh, wow!

Sailing on veendam

Double wow!!

Archived