Can someone explain how the Love and Marriage show works?

I've seen the show for 25 years on various ships.. Here's the tip. Know the wife's bra size and color, where the most unusual place you made whoopee, who was your husband's last girlfriend, where did you go on your first date and how much did it cost, who in your family would your husband not want to be stranded with, and a few others that I won't mention..;). Coordinate those and you would be a winner, that is if you want to be a winner there!!

My husband and I managed to end up on stage as the middle couple on our recent Liberty cruise! The things Torpeedo mentioned are pretty much what they want to know, we weren't really surprised to hear them. We didn't get sent off stage while the men answered and vice versa. The CD gave us a clipboard with a paper on it and we filled them out together, then

he went back to the first question and asked each couples answers. No one kept score and all three couples got a bottle of champagne and a nice RCI tote bag full of RCI stuff at the end.

It was really funny and I still can't believe we got up there! Couples still have to "try out", and the audience choses. The only kind of bad thing was we were minor celebrities all week, we had some answers that the audience liked apparently! We were stopped everywhere, even my 18 year old daughter was stopped! And there was the show on TV all the time.....:)

I wonder how hard it would be for the CD to be just a little bit creative and change the questions? On the Majesty earlier this month and the CD was still using some very old questions.

The same questions even make it across cruise lines... RCI had the same questions as Carnival.

It's still enjoyable to watch for us, and we always plan not to miss it. Maybe after 20 cruises I will feel differently.

Think of the old newlywed game. One couple married the shortest time, one couple married the longest time, and one couple somewhere in between.

I will add (before reading the rest of the replies - Get there early and sit up front if you want to be picked. They will usually choose the longest and shortest married couples by a show of hands, but the middle couples have to audition to be picked. I will be prepared for that this time!

I've seen the show for 25 years on various ships.. Here's the tip. Know the wife's bra size and color, where the most unusual place you made whoopee, who was your husband's last girlfriend, where did you go on your first date and how much did it cost, who in your family would your husband not want to be stranded with, and a few others that I won't mention..;). Coordinate those and you would be a winner, that is if you want to be a winner there!!

From my less amount of experience, I think this is right on, but I will add, I think this is where the good cruise directors get separated from the great ones who can be a little creative and entertaining. I know in Quest they will change things up a bit because of people like us talking about it in places like this.

The same questions even make it across cruise lines... RCI had the same questions as Carnival.

It's still enjoyable to watch for us, and we always plan not to miss it. Maybe after 20 cruises I will feel differently.

I agree it is fun to watch even after 20 cruises but...My question still remains..How hard could it be to change the questions?:confused:

I agree it is fun to watch even after 20 cruises but...My question still remains..How hard could it be to change the questions?:confused:
The Newlywed Game (both original and new versions) are still shown on cable TV. RC could have someone take notes from a couple weeks' of episodes and work them into the onboard show.

I saw the HAL version last year - they used about 1/2 the questions that RC does. :rolleyes:

I firmly believe that the couples are fed answers to certain questions... I've seen the same answer on multiple cruises, it can't be coincidence!

You aren't being fed certain questions. We were contestants 3 years ago and there are no suggestions fed whatsoever.

Let's be honest though, the show is done on every cruise, so if you see it enough times, you can figure out what questions are asked or good answers to use. But there isn't any prompting from the CD.

Archived