Carrying water onboard questions

Hi everyone. We are leaving this Saturday on the Jewel. It will be 2 adults, 1 10-year old and 1 10-month old. We are bringing some bottles of already made formula (Similac Ailmentum) and some powdered baby formula for days that we are in ports, but we also need to bring water to make the formula. His pediatrician recommended that we use boiled water to make his formula or bottled water until he's a year old.

My question is, can we carry bottles of water onboard? We planned on bringing about 3 or 4 small bottles of water, and when we stop at Port Canaveral, I planned on buying some water at Walmart. Since we will be carrying jars of baby food and bottles of pre-made formula, the less bottles of water we have to carry the better.

Will carrying loose bottles of water cause a problem? We bought a 24-pack of water, but don't want to take the whole thing. When we board will they check to see if the bottles are sealed since they will be loose?

One other question concerning the pre-made bottles of baby formula. Will they try to open the bottles to make sure that what's in the bottles is actually baby formula? The bottles of formula that we use have a foil seal on the bottle under the cap. The seal can't be removed until you are ready to use it. The pre-maded formula is only good for 24 hours and then that's it.

Thanks for any info.

Thanks for any info.

first off, the rules for planes and ships are TOTALLY different, so don't let anyone try to compare them.

The only thing the ship is concerned about your bringing aboard is booze. They would prefer to sell that to you. If they think it is booze, they will want to check. This is different than the rent a cops that prevent liquids in the airport (or at least attempt to).

You can take all the water you want. Most people find that the ships water is excellent as it is distilled at sea. I do not want to second guess you doctor, assuming he/she understands how ships water is made.

first off, the rules for planes and ships are TOTALLY different, so don't let anyone try to compare them.

The only thing the ship is concerned about your bringing aboard is booze. They would prefer to sell that to you. If they think it is booze, they will want to check. This is different than the rent a cops that prevent liquids in the airport (or at least attempt to). ...

Even though it's true that you can bring as much water as you want aboard, make sure the bottles are sealed. Cruise line security often checks to make sure that water bottles are sealed. My husband and I have had to throw away or empty bottles of water that weren't sealed. And this was the CRUISE security line. They had the same rules as the airport security regarding water bottles.

The only thing the ship is concerned about your bringing aboard is booze. They would prefer to sell that to you. If they think it is booze, they will want to check. This is different than the rent a cops that prevent liquids in the airport (or at least attempt to). ...

Even though it's true that you can bring as much water as you want aboard, make sure the bottles are sealed. Cruise line security often checks to make sure that water bottles are sealed. My husband and I have had to throw away or empty bottles of water that weren't sealed. And this was the CRUISE security line. They had the same rules as the airport security regarding water bottles.

Why would you even bother to bring bottled water onboard? Is that water really better than ships water?

As to comparing to airport - even SEALED bottles are not allowed through security!

I am thinking about going to Sam's and buying a case of Kentwood bottled water and now that read that I can check them in, I will.

The bottled water comes in very handy when you have to go on the excursions and don't want to drink the local Mexican water.

Archived