Chops Grill

Thank you BrianAtl your Part 8 helped answer my question of "can you order more than one".

Jim Henry on CC after dining at Disney's Palo many, many times we have learned that the extra charge does go to the serving staff but they do such a great job that we usually double what ever the fee is.

Edited by "Ginger"

Ginger........where on here does it say gratuity is included??(granted it does say it is for the wine dinner and the mystery ones).but that $25 is a cover charge.........to me,that is NOT a tip.........only says it inc a 4 course meal.

Q: How much does Chops Grille, Portofino, Mystery Dinner Theater and the Portofino Wine Dinner Series cost? s.gif A: Chops Grille has a cover charge of $25 USD per person which includes a complete four-course meal. Specialty beverages, beer, wine and soft drinks are offered at current menu prices.

Portofino has a cover charge of $20 USD per person which includes a complete four-course meal. Specialty beverages, beer, wine and soft drinks are offered at current menu prices.

The Portofino Wine Dinner Series is a cost of $54.50 USD per person, inclusive of dinner, gratuity, wine and water with dinner and specialty coffees. Specialty beverages, beer, wine and soft drinks are offered at current menu prices.

Mystery Dinner Theater is a cost of $49.50 USD per person, inclusive of dinner, gratuity, champagne & hors d'oeuvre reception upon arrival, wine and water with dinner and specialty coffees. Specialty beverages, beer, wine and soft drinks are offered at current menu prices.

Thank you BrianAtl your Part 8 helped answer my question of "can you order more than one".

You're welcome. Enjoy your cruise. By the way, in Giovanni's we definitely ordered more than 1 entree. I don't think they'll fight you too much if you want to eat more. But the 16 oz. rib eye? Groaaaaaan! That was enough! ;) (Even though I finished it like it was a Petit Filet. :D)

Edited by BrianAlt
Called Giovanni's Portofino. OOPS!

Ginger........where on here does it say gratuity is included??(granted it does say it is for the wine dinner and the mystery ones).but that $25 is a cover charge.........to me,that is NOT a tip.........only says it inc a 4 course meal.

Q: How much does Chops Grille, Portofino, Mystery Dinner Theater and the Portofino Wine Dinner Series cost? s.gif A: Chops Grille has a cover charge of $25 USD per person which includes a complete four-course meal. Specialty beverages, beer, wine and soft drinks are offered at current menu prices.

Portofino has a cover charge of $20 USD per person which includes a complete four-course meal. Specialty beverages, beer, wine and soft drinks are offered at current menu prices.

The Portofino Wine Dinner Series is a cost of $54.50 USD per person, inclusive of dinner, gratuity, wine and water with dinner and specialty coffees. Specialty beverages, beer, wine and soft drinks are offered at current menu prices.

Mystery Dinner Theater is a cost of $49.50 USD per person, inclusive of dinner, gratuity, champagne & hors d'oeuvre reception upon arrival, wine and water with dinner and specialty coffees. Specialty beverages, beer, wine and soft drinks are offered at current menu prices.

I'm not Ginger, but here is another Q & A clip.

Costs A nominal fee of $25 USD applies per dining guest, including gratuities. Specialty beverages, beer, wine and soda are offered at current bar menu prices.

s.gif Hours s.gif Hours listed may vary according to the ship and itinerary, so be sure to check your Cruise Compass and Daily Planner. s.gif Did You Know? s.gif

Amazing how RCCL can have 10 different answers to the same question:rolleyes:

BTW--We always tip on top of that fee..I'd feel too cheap not to..

Anyone that thinks the Royal is giving that money to the server is crazy. They may get a few bucks but to not tip the server is cheap. Of course when you read the boards, you realize just how many cheap cruisers are out there today. They find every reason to cheapen the cruise experience.:rolleyes: Go figure.

Anyone that thinks the Royal is giving that money to the server is crazy. They may get a few bucks but to not tip the server is cheap. Of course when you read the boards, you realize just how many cheap cruisers are out there today. They find every reason to cheapen the cruise experience.:rolleyes: Go figure.

I know that.........and agree..........

Hmmmm. Chops it is!

Tell me, do men wear jacket and tie in this venue? Thanks!

We book Chops on every RCCL ship that has it! My husband sometimes wears a sport coat w/o a tie, or a silk shirt. Always with dress pants. I always wear a dress or skirt, but not a formal style.

Dined at Chops twice last week on the Freedom. Very good. Service was excellent. Well worth the money and we did tip the wait staff extra. Portofino was also very good last week. Both Chops and Portofino offered Lobster tails but they were not on the menu. The waiter told us that we could order them. Two tails for the main course.

The food is what USED to be served in the MDR, without an extra charge! Yes...it's good. Is it worth an extra $40-$50 for 2? Try it, and see!

The fee does include the tip. It actually IS the tip!

That is very true. However cruising was more expensive back then (pre 1990's) so basically the food cost was built into the price.

And yes, RCCL says that the tip is included in the surcharge. Whether you want to tip more is up to you but remember you are already tipping your servers in the MDR.

I read the whole thread but did not see an answer. I apologize if I missed it. Excuse me for being in a fog...

Don't worry - ask away. Isn't that what these boards are for? Please don't worry about some posters :rolleyes:

For many years "The One Who Must Be Obeyed" and I would walk by specialty restaurants and ask ourselves why anyone would pay extra for a meal when you could dine in the MDR at no extra charge. The answer came when our TA provided us with complimentary meals one night at a specialty restaurant on a cruise. Now we dine at least once each cruise there! Why?

• The quality of the food and presentation is indeed superior.
  • The service is oustanding. And yes, even though the price says that the tip is included, we tip additional, but that is our choice.
  • The atmosphere makes for an intimate meal. Lighting is subdued and so is the noise level (no singing waiters or waving of napkins).
  • We are much more comfortable there on so-called formal nights. We just don't like the aura of the MDR on those nights.