Exercising - Running on Nieuw Amsterdam?

Court's DH

Dear All,

It seems that some HAL ships allow running on the Promenade Deck, some don't - apparently depending on whether or not there are cabins directly underneath (which makes sense).

I'm a fairly active runner, and I enjoyed running a lot in the early morning hours on the Westerdam (where it is/was allowed). Sun reflecting on the waves, wind in my hair, other ships and seagulls to look at... very nice!

Now we're booked on the Nieuw Amsterdam - if I had to spend hours on a treadmill, that would definitely require bringing some serious DVD stash to not be bored silly... so before I start packing, I was wondering:

Does anyone know if running is allowed on the Promenade Deck of the Nieuw Amsterdam? Thanks a lot in advance!

Does anyone know if running is allowed on the Promenade Deck of the Nieuw Amsterdam?
On Vistas (eg Westerdam) and Signatures (eg' date=' N.A.) [u']jogging[/u] is allowed on the Promenade, but I would say not all-out running.

One other thing.......

Please keep in mind the joggers are sharing that deck with walkers and we try to step aside to let joggers pass but are so appreciative of those who don't continuously bang into us. :eek: Seems every lap, the same ones always brush our back, shoulders, hip...whatever. Though we don't jog, we walkers need our exercise, too. :)

Of course! On each cruise we've met a lot of nice people, and a few not so nice people, and those are probably pretty evenly spread among joggers and walkers and deck-chair-sitters and not-ever-on-the-promenade-show-ers. I agree with you that some consideration goes a long way on a cruise, and I promise to not brush your back every lap if you help me talk the nordic walkers out of hurling their ski poles. ;)

Of course! On each cruise we've met a lot of nice people' date=' and a few not so nice people, and those are probably pretty evenly spread among joggers and walkers and deck-chair-sitters and not-ever-on-the-promenade-show-ers. I agree with you that some consideration goes a long way on a cruise, and I promise to not brush your back every lap if you help me talk the nordic walkers out of hurling their ski poles. ;)[/quote']

Love your great sense of humor! :D

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Of course! On each cruise we've met a lot of nice people, and a few not so nice people, and those are probably pretty evenly spread among joggers and walkers and deck-chair-sitters and not-ever-on-the-promenade-show-ers. I agree with you that some consideration goes a long way on a cruise, and I promise to not brush your back every lap if you help me talk the nordic walkers out of hurling their ski poles.

It's a deal. :D

Archived