Formal Night(s) on Five Night QE Cruise?

Silverwing

We are booked on the 'Gallic Debut' five night cruise on the Queen Elizabeth sailing from Southampton on 26th November.

We haven't cruised with Cunard before, but from what I have been able to find out on here there is likely to be just one formal night. Could someone who has been on a five night cruise please confirm this?

Many thanks.

We are booked on the 'Gallic Debut' five night cruise on the Queen Elizabeth sailing from Southampton on 26th November. We haven't cruised with Cunard before, but from what I have been able to find out on here there is likely to be just one formal night. Could someone who has been on a five night cruise please confirm this? Many thanks.

Hi Silverwing

This sounds right. First, last and "port nights" (or when the ship departs later in the evening) of a voyage are rarely formal. If you've got one on yours, make the most of it!

Enjoy QE and Bon Voyage.

This summer we took a 7 day T.A. NYC to Southampton an a 6 day return. We had 4 formals eastbound and 3 westbound. I suspect you will have Casual, Formal, Semi Formal, Formal, Casual in that order on your 5 day.

Cunard loves to have formal occasions, and with the QE brand spanking new. I suspect they will pull out all the stops and have two formals.

Mike.

This summer we took a 7 day T.A. NYC to Southampton an a 6 day return. We had 4 formals eastbound and 3 westbound. I suspect you will have Casual, Formal, Semi Formal, Formal, Casual in that order on your 5 day.

Cunard loves to have formal occasions, and with the QE brand spanking new. I suspect they will pull out all the stops and have two formals.

Mike.

HiBigmike911. I know what formal nights mean to passengers in terms of the dress code, but what does Cunard do 'to pull out all the stops' on formal nights? Please understand this is not meant as a "dig". I find the service and menu consistantly pleasant, regardless of the dress code. From my personal observation, it is fellow passengers who make the night a "formal" occasion, much to my delight (and participation).

Regards,

Salacia

Hi, On our 5 day trip in May on QM2 we had 2 formal nights, one being a port night. Catherine

Hi Catherine, I've had formal nights on the last nights of cruises!

As I said, they rarely happen on first, last and port nights but it's not unknown as I can confirm from my own experiences. I think they try and build at least one formal night into each voyage no matter how short.

Hi, On our 5 day trip in May on QM2 we had 2 formal nights, one being a port night.

Catherine

Hi, again.

Youyr right, although it seems that even the seven voyages are now only two nights unless your on TA, next week the final evening is a formal night, hard when your packed up, I can see many people going back and changing after dinner on the night

We are booked on the 'Gallic Debut' five night cruise on the Queen Elizabeth sailing from Southampton on 26th November.

We haven't cruised with Cunard before, but from what I have been able to find out on here there is likely to be just one formal night. Could someone who has been on a five night cruise please confirm this?

Many thanks.

I hope you get two formals, have a good time, we are on the New QE for 14 days , but not till next August, so please tell us all about it

Archived