Your Fleet Locations for Saturday, July 24, 2010!

luvtwotrvl

Saturday.jpg

Saturday, July 24, 2010

Amsterdam – At Sea (from Juneau, Alaska to Victoria, British Columbia)

Eurodam – Saint Petersburg, Russia Midnight - 6:00 pm

Maasdam – Scenic cruising Prince Christian Sound, Greenland

Nieuw Amsterdam – Katakolon (Olympia), Greece 9:00 am - 5:00 pm

Noordam – At Sea (Charter)

Oosterdam – Victoria, British Columbia 6:00 pm - Midnight

Prinsendam – Tilbury (London), England Midnight - 5:00 pm

Rotterdam – SEATTLE, WASHINGTON 7:00 am - 4:00 pm

Ryndam – Scenic Cruising College Fjord 5:00 pm - 8:00 pm

Statendam – Cruising the Inside Passage (southbound)

Veendam – At Sea (from Hamilton, Bermuda to New York, NY)

Volendam – Skagway, Alaska 7:00 am - 9:00 pm

Westerdam – Unknown until July 26, 2010

Zaandam – At Sea (from Seattle, WA to Juneau, AK)

Zuiderdam – VANCOUVER, CANADA 7:00 am - 5:00 pm

Westerdam should still be on it's World Cup charter. Westerdam's charter was not canceled, unlike Noordam's.

I agree that no information was released about the Westerdam's charter being canceled, but a CC'er who boarded the Westerdam in South Africa explained that the charter had been cancelled. Without confirmation from HAL (or another CC'er) with an itinerary (from the original CC'er), the status became "unknown" until it returns to regular service on July 26. The conversation with the CC'er occurred in a previous Fleet Location post. Either way, the ship is headed toward Europe at this point (since we are so close to July 26).

The Noordam -- Copper 10-8 provided a day-by-day itinerary (without times, so that's why we don't list any) for its substitute charter that he received from a contact at HAL... so we "found" that one.

Hope this explains the mystery!

If a CCer boarded the Westerdam in South Africa, then at least part of the charter wasn't canceled. Was it cut short? Maybe. But as the World Cup ended July 11, and travel time is required to get back to the Med, it wouldn't be a very long drydock, if one existed. I doubt they would have sailed from South Africa before the 13th.

I see the Rotterdam is safely docked at Elliot Bay Marina. People are getting ready to leave and all will be off at 9:30 AM Two weeks ago I was sitting at the Holiday Inn at Seatac having breakfast and anticipating my trip up there with Middle Aged Mom and her husband. They took me by the HAL main offices on the way up. Then last week with a heavy heart I left the ship, wishing I had booked two weeks. To those who are returning I say: "Welcome back to reality." For those who are sailing today "Bon Voyage." I hope you enjoy if half as much as I did.

I went to the Concert at Millenium Park and never got to my seat in the pouring rain and lightening. I found a dry way to the garage and took off. It would have been nice to have been in Victoria once more.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1221079&highlight=

Took a few minutes to research the earlier posts regarding Westerdam.

Knysna boarded the Westerdam on July 12.

Here's her post from our June 21 exchange:

"The Westerdam and Noordedam were part of a private charter to South Africa for the World Cup. Due to lack of bookings during the cup the charters were cancelled. The Westerdam however was committed to sail as her cruise down and back were fully booked. She is off the coast of Namibia at the moment were here crew are getting some well deserved r&r. She returns to Cape Town just before she sails on the 12Th July to Rotterdam. We are booked on this cruise. "

Archived