In a hurry for an answer about irons. Leaving 7/24.

Hi everyone. I'd like to know if anyone that has been on the Jewel, are there irons that you can borrow since there are no more laundry rooms?

I should have posted this question before this because we are leaving tomorrow and if there are irons, I won't have to do it tonight. I hate ironing before a trip and then your clothes are wrinkled when you unpack.

Thanks for any info.

Hi everyone. I'd like to know if anyone that has been on the Jewel, are there irons that you can borrow since there are no more laundry rooms?

I should have posted this question before this because we are leaving tomorrow and if there are irons, I won't have to do it tonight. I hate ironing before a trip and then your clothes are wrinkled when you unpack.

Thanks for any info.

While we have not been on the Jewel, our understanding is that you can ask your cabin steward for an iron/ironing board on any NCL ship. When you've finished with it, the steward will take it away.

Enjoy your cruise!

Your steward should be able to bring one and an ironing board to your stateroom.

If you pack correctly, you shouldn't have wrinkles when unpacking. ;) (Unless you pack them up all wrinkled).

You can also dampen your wrinkles, hang the garment in the shower area and steam them out.

Leave the iron at home. If you have clothes that get that wrinkled stick them in the bathroom while you take a shower. Use wrinkle releaser.You may be able to borrow an iron from the ship. Next time if you are able, take no wrinkle clothes.

Thanks for the info. I wasn't planning on bringing an iron. I know that irons aren't allowed. I usually iron everything before I go on vacation, whether it's a cruise or a hotel, and every time I do, the clothes are still wrinkled.

Maybe there's a secret to packing that I don't know about. Once you fold your pants or tops to fit them in the suitcase, they have creases. I would rather iron my clothes lightly and then iron when I get to my destination. The last time I cruised on the Princess Cruise Line 3 years ago I went to the laundry room and ironed everything that was wrinkled. The stores where I live don't carry Downy Wrinkle Releaser. I've tried a different make and it didn't work.

We were on the Jewel a couple weeks ago and my sister in law called the front desk and asked for an iron/ironing board. They brought one up to her and said that she could have it for 3 hours. This was late in the afternoon on dress up night and by the time they got back to the room that night, it was gone.

So yes, you can borrow one. It's not the best but will do. Hope this helps. And enjoy!!!

Thanks for the info. I wasn't planning on bringing an iron. I know that irons aren't allowed. I usually iron everything before I go on vacation, whether it's a cruise or a hotel, and every time I do, the clothes are still wrinkled.

Maybe there's a secret to packing that I don't know about. Once you fold your pants or tops to fit them in the suitcase, they have creases. I would rather iron my clothes lightly and then iron when I get to my destination. The last time I cruised on the Princess Cruise Line 3 years ago I went to the laundry room and ironed everything that was wrinkled. The stores where I live don't carry Downy Wrinkle Releaser. I've tried a different make and it didn't work.

I know it's a bit late for an answer (have a great sailing today!), but I will give you four suggestions for future packing. 1). Use a larger suitcase than you need and pack more loosely. We use large rolling duffels from Costco and after decades of weekly flying, they are the best, most flexible luggage we have ever owned. 2). Roll your clothes instead of folding and stacking - much less wrinkling. 3). Leave your hanging stuff on your hangers from home and gently lay them on top of everything else before you close the bag (this works great for men's dress shirts). Extra benefit is quick and easy unpacking and repacking. Use as much non-wrinkling clothing for your travel wardrobe. I have two pairs of dress pants that hardly wrinkle and pair them with numerous cardigan sets and dressy, gauzy (meant to look wrinkled) tops for all my evenings - and I use them every time I travel.

Enjoy your trip and say hi to the whole crew for me!

Robin

Thanks for any info.

There also good for making grilled cheese sandwiches if you don't like the ship food.

We were on the Jewel two weeks ago, and each night we dialed 00 for an iron. It was brought to the room within 10 minutes. They aren't the best irons, I would recommend bringing spray starch or something like it for thicker materials.

DON'T FOLD! Bundle when you pack... Watch the video below in my signature... It works very well...

Archived