All things Carnival Miracle..to include questions, concerns

westwingjazz

I have done a lot of research on this board regarding Carnival Miracle and it has answered a lot of questions; but here is what I cant not find an answer to or just concerned about:

1. Do they have reservation for the Chief's Table?
    2. Is there a spa package on board Carnival Miracle like Carnial Dream
    3. Is there a dedeciated Jazz Club on board (like the Alford Bar onboard Carnival Conquest)
    4. Is there a Mongolian Wok on board-like the Mongolian Wok on board Carnival Dream

Thanks you guys in advance for your answers and replies regarding Carnival Miracle. Once I get these questions answered, I can go ahead in made the call.

Thanks again!!

• 2 weeks later...
We will be on Miracle on Oct 19th. anyone know when the comedy club will be rolled out on the miracle?

thanks

Thanks for all the replies...I believe the Miracle has the comedy club. Correct me if I am wrong. The Miracle has a nice itinerary (Exotic Southern Caribbean) but I am seriously rethinking about booking this ship. We have 4 days at sea, but if the shipped has balconies with blocked views, no spa package, no wok and NO JAZZ CLUB....I may need to jump ship :eek:

I mean after you have sailed a ship like Dream, Liberty, Conquest....how do you sail a smaller ship like Miracle with four days at sea?!?!?

• 1 year later...

There is only one section of the ship with "blocked balconies".. or as Carnival likes to call it, "obstructed views". You have to look at the deckplans and book where you don't see lifeboats. There's a jazz band that plays in one of the lounge areas. We'd listen to them in the evening while we were waiting for our 8:15 dinner seating; they were very good.

No mongolian wok, but there is an asian themed station at the buffet. I would usually always eat there, or at the lido grill for lunch. Food was yummy in either place. The lido grill chicken strips are mm mmm good.

Yes there is a Comedy Club.. actually it's The Punchliner Comedy Club, and it's located on the lower level beneath the Phantom Lounge in the front of the ship. And.. for me personally.. I love the sea days. No hustle and bustle of getting off the ship and where are we going and when do we need to be back. True the Miracle isn't one of the mammoth sized ships, but she is a lovely vessel. Everything you need is on decks 2 and 3.. with a straight run from front to back. No crazy mazes and stairs. Easy to navigate and nicely appointed. The theme of the ship is characters in literature; hence Nick and Nora's, the Phantom Lounge, Madhatters Ball.. Frankie and Johnny's.. Bacchus'.. Horatio's. :D

We've sailed the Miracle twice.. most recently in July. Any other questions, I'd be happy to answer if I can.

Anyone know what the $ limit is for duty free stuff (smokes and Liquor) before you have to "claim" it. I have read that you can purchase up to $500 woth of stuff before you need to claim it. ANY HELP??

I thought the limit was $800 pp .. so a family of 4 can claim $3200.

We have sailed Miracle 2X and love this class of ship. We always had plenty to do and love the lay out of the ship. I do like the stadium type seating on the Conquest ships better. I have sailed Liberty, Dream, Glory and Miracle. Miracle is my favorite ship to date.

Try her, you may love her!

Anyone know what the $ limit is for duty free stuff (smokes and Liquor) before you have to "claim" it. I have read that you can purchase up to $500 woth of stuff before you need to claim it. ANY HELP??

http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/travel/vacation/kbyg/types_of_exemptions.xml

I am going by what this website says, since it is the Customs and Border Patrol website. It takes a bit of reading to understand, but it's all there.

I do wish we could convince the moderators to have a special "stuck" folder at the top of the board that contained all the "All Things Shipname" threads so they didn't get lost among the daily dozen ES threads and misplaced port and embarkation city threads.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=631682&page=65&highlight=all+things+miracle

That way, all the current info could simply be added. These threads contain a ton of useful info. I love that people can also add links to their review threads, to help may them easier to find,too.

Archived