Need tour operator recommendations, please!

BethV114

Hi everyone. DH and I will be sailing Allure of the Seas in December with DD, who will be 15 months old at the time of the cruise. We're looking for recommendations on tour operators/guides in Cozumel. We would ideally like to do a dolphin interaction with DD, but we're hoping for some kind of a tour operator that we can book through to help out with the transportation issue. We'll be having DD's car seat and DH does not want to rent a car, so in order to avoid the trouble of dealing strapping the seat into a taxi, taking it out, checking it somewhere for the day and then strapping it back in for the ride back to the ship, we're hoping to be able to hire a tour guide that will drop us off and then pick us up, and will hold onto the car seat for the day. Any suggestions, info, etc. would be highly appreciated!:)

See if Gerry or Lazao are available. cozumeltaxi@hotmail.com

You'll be emailing a Mike Thompson, he can tell you the costs and if either are available on the date you are in Cozumel. Gerry has young daughters so he'll know about car seats. And could probably recommend other things to do after the dolphins.

See if Gerry or Lazao are available. cozumeltaxi@hotmail.com

You'll be emailing a Mike Thompson, he can tell you the costs and if either are available on the date you are in Cozumel. Gerry has young daughters so he'll know about car seats. And could probably recommend other things to do after the dolphins.

Thanks! I'll shoot them an e-mail today and see what they recommend.

Beth,

Would you please let me know if you hear back from Mike? I will be on the Celebrity Solstice and had contacted him about a private tour. He answered my original email but I have not heard back after I confirmed the date, time, etc.

BTW, it is $95 for 3 hours minimum and then $25 for each extra hour for the station wagon that holds 4 people. This was with Gerry.

Thanks,

Rosa

• 2 weeks later...
We hired Gerry a few years ago (he was great!) and just tried again to reach him (Mike, actually) for our next visit to Coz in November.... no answer for me either. Hope they are still around! :(

Mike did get back to me about a week ago. He apologized for taking so long but he was having internet problems. I would try again.

Rosa

We used Island Marketing to book our excursion there and they were great. We didn't do an island tour, so to speak. We did the dune buggy and snorkel tour. They have a chat line on their website and you can speak live to folks who specialize in working with each specific destination. We used them for Cozumel and Roatan. They worked out great. I highly recommend them.

Archived