Carnival Ecstasy E10

aopel

This room is at the very front of the ship on the port side of deck 7. There is the stage to the main lounge above it.

Should I be worried about noise from the main lounge?

Should I worry about sea sickness?

When are you cruising?

If you are susceptible to motion sickness -- this is not where you want to be.

The front of the ship will feel the most motion.

This is too far forward for me-- most of the stuff on the cruise ship is on the aft-- the food, the pools and that is a lot of walking.

If you are cruising during hurricane season and hit rough waters-- you will feel that mess.

I don't believe I get sea sick. I have only been on one other cruise and I was in E138 on the Ecstasy which is pretty centered on the boat. We did have a rough day at sea where barf bags were placed by all elevators and stair wells were getting shut down from people getting sick in them but it didnt affect me at all.

My cruise where I will be in E10 is 11/8 - 11/12.

I suppose I have been reading reviews and articles that all say riding at the fore of the boat is only for "those who want to feel like a true sailor" and its got me scared that its a majorly different experience than staying more in the center of the boat.

I had E9, across from you. We only slightly heard the show one night, but we did get woken up coming into port.

I was supposed to do E9 again next year on Ecstasy but gave it up to some other lucky soul. Had to add someone and E9 only holds 2 people.

We only really heard (and FELT) them on the last morning...when we docked before 6am they woke us up:D Most of the other ports we were already up so they were no bother;) Empress is one deck up from Main (if I remember right) so shouldn't be too bad - I would think it would depend on how you guys sleep:)

Empress deck is less noisy in terms of thrusters and all the rope and docking equipment, than say Main or Riviera. But it is a ship, from most cabins there will be times where you hear some noises of one kind or another.

I would only worry about noise from the lounge above, if you are early-to-bed. I would expect to be able to hear the music (bass) and perhaps crowd noise until around midnight.

Unless you get into some bad weather, motion should be fine. Going in/out of Progreso is a fairly long run without stabilizers, I guess due to shallower water depth. But this is rolling motion, all cabins will have it, and it is more noticable on higher decks.

As mentioned, you will likely do abit more walking. Except for main lounge and gym, almost all other destinations are mid to aft.

I cant see the noise bothering your honeymoon doings ... but do close the curtains the night before you are coming into port. Iv woken up with a larger ship alongside and then could look down into our window. I dont know if you can see into cabins, but after that I closed my curtain.

I love those port hole cabins. Id book them any time I could on Fantasy class.

• 1 month later...

One good thing, the launderette (washer, dryer and irons) are located on this deck right up in front near you! I like the Empress deck but I always shoot for the mid to aft. I'm lazy and don't care to walk. Another good thing is, when you disembark at any ports, you won't have to go far. The gangway is on deck 3 but is in the front of the ship. Good luck and enjoy your cruise.

One good thing, the launderette (washer, dryer and irons) are located on this deck right up in front near you! I like the Empress deck but I always shoot for the mid to aft. I'm lazy and don't care to walk. Another good thing is, when you disembark at any ports, you won't have to go far. The gangway is on deck 3 but is in the front of the ship. Good luck and enjoy your cruise.

Thats good to know about the launderette!

Im okay with the walking. In fact I am kinda counting on it so I dont gain too much weight from all the delicious food.:)

Archived