No Carribean next year?

Pappy5591

There is no shortage of people who want to sail on a Princess ship out of Florida in summer.

But there is a severe shortage of people who want to sail these ships in summer and spend any money while onboard.

Princess, HAL, and a few others can make far more money by avoiding the discount cruisers and sailing elsewhere in summer.

I just returned from the Emerald (Western Carib) on Sun.

It seems that they alternate years.

Don't think they had sailings in 2009 but did in 2008, usually only 1 ship as is the case this summer.

The Emerald has been sold out pretty much all summer.

They didn't in 2008 and 2009; came back in 2010. I know, because I couldn't do a carib in either of those years and was waiting for them to come back.

Prior to Carribbean Princess entering service, there were no Princess

ships in Ft. Lauderdale in the summer.

The Grand was sailing from FLL during Summer in 2001, 2002 and 2003. They also had the Golden sailing from SJU in the Summer of 2004. This is what I really wish Princess will bring back....Southern Caribbean itineraries during the Summer.

Grand, 7-day Eastern Caribbean (SXM, STT, maybe SJU, maybe Princess Cays but can't remember for sure)
Your memory is right...it was the Grand.:)

The Princess website is showing 363 Caribbean cruises for every month through April 2012 with the exception of. August 2011

This year was the first time Princess not having any ships sail during the month of August. :(

Hurricane season begins right about then, guess they don't want to take a chance any more.:rolleyes:

Princess always used to have at least one ship in FLL in the summer up until about 3 years ago when they put the Caribbean Princess out of NY in the summer months. Since then, it's been only this year when they had another ship out of FLL, I believe.

Crown was the first ship to sail out of NY back in '06.

Then they switched over to the CB.

Red Hook contract expires in 2017.

Which means the CB will be doing the same itinerary over and over again to the Caribbean. :cool:

Unless Princess wises up and changes it. ;)

Years past, they covered the Western, Eastern, and Southern itineraries during the summer months.

Because of the market over in Europe, they prefer to have more ships over there now.

All comes down to the all mighty dollar. :rolleyes:

Last time a ship was out of FLL to the Caribbean in the Summer months was 2007.

Emerald sold out this Summer?:confused: Next month it has availability in just about every category for VERY low prices.

You know what they say the first thing that goes is the memory.

We usually sail in the spring so sailing this summer was a first in a long time.

"Pretty much" is not sold out for the summer.

I did not say every sailing was sold out!

The July sailings were oversold.

Archived