No Carribean next year?

Pappy5591

Im bummed about it too. We would much rather cruise in July, but our only choice out of Ft. Lauderdale in July would be RCCL. After some research, that didnt really interest us, so we have settled on Crown in April out of Ft. Lauderdale. I really would prefer to avoid sailing out of New York.

I just read a review from someone just off the Emerald...in the post, she says she is disappointed there will be no Princess Carribean service out of Florida next year. Is this true?

Maybe you can clarify?

Do you mean June/July/August?

If so the post is correct.

Did you mean June/July/August?
Historically, I don't think Princess does cruises out FLL in July. They can fill their ships with higher ROI elsewhere. The ships on other lines apparently have enough berths to accommodate the market. Just like Alaska, if there were more ships, it would saturate the market and drive down fares. Good for customers but not for operating costs.

It would be nice if Princess kept a ship in FLL for late Spring and Summer cruises. Maybe after the two new builds are placed into service this will happen. But for now, it may be more lucrative sending the ships to Alaska and Europe after April. I haven't seen a line with better European itineraries than Princess and I hope it stays that way.

Princess always used to have at least one ship in FLL in the summer up until about 3 years ago when they put the Caribbean Princess out of NY in the summer months. Since then, it's been only this year when they had another ship out of FLL, I believe.

Historically, I don't think Princess does cruises out FLL in July. They can fill their ships with higher ROI elsewhere. The ships on other lines apparently have enough berths to accommodate the market. Just like Alaska, if there were more ships, it would saturate the market and drive down fares. Good for customers but not for operating costs.

I just returned from the Emerald (Western Carib) on Sun.

It seems that they alternate years.

Don't think they had sailings in 2009 but did in 2008, usually only 1 ship as is the case this summer.

The Emerald has been sold out pretty much all summer.

Don't think they had sailings in 2009 but did in 2008, usually only 1 ship as is the case this summer.

Well that should lend some credence to the fact that there are plenty of folks who want to sail out of Ft. Lauderdale during the summer months, ON A PRINCESS SHIP.

We heard from our TA that Emerald Princess wont be in the caribbean next year. too big of a ship .... cannot fill it...Emerald is going back to the Baltic in 2011. It sounded to us that there will be none in the caribbean next year - just like HAL.

Just another problem with super-sized ships...

Particularly since Princess has been part of Carnival Cruise Corp, Prin has none or 1 ship sailing in summer to Caribbean from FLA -- most of the ships are either in AK or Europe. About one's only choice in summer from FLA is to sail on Carnival or Royal Carib. Over the years since we started cruising in 1991, Princess has never been highly represented in FLA in summer. As you can see we have now been on alot of the other lines and it's always been due to itinerary, price & availability.

Last time a ship was out of FLL to the Caribbean in the Summer months was 2007.

Emerald sold out this Summer?:confused: Next month it has availability in just about every category for VERY low prices.

Wow. I also read on the Celebrity boards that THEY are going to be pulling out of the Caribbean during the summer starting either 2011 or 2012! (please don't make me find the thread because maybe I dreamt it but I don't think so). Neither of my 2 favorite lines in the Caribbean during the summer?

whaaaaaaaaaaa crying like Lucy!

Wow. I also read on the Celebrity boards that THEY are going to be pulling out of the Caribbean during the summer starting either 2011 or 2012! (please don't make me find the thread because maybe I dreamt it but I don't think so). Neither of my 2 favorite lines in the Caribbean during the summer?

whaaaaaaaaaaa crying like Lucy!

They already did for 2011. It was a surprise to see they had the Solstice in FLL this Summer since Celebrity stopped Caribbean cruises during Summer months way ahead of Princess.

We have sailed with Princess a few times during the summer (May & August) on the CB Princess. The last trip was May 2006. We were booked on the Emerald this summer but had to change it to October. It seems we are getting a better deal in October and so far the ship is not filling up as prices have been cut. I heard at the last CC party in December that they are taking ships off line so it may be that they will have fewer ships and need to promote the more expensive Alaskan and European cruises.:cool:

I was surprised to find that they were not sailing out of FLL next summer. They talk about not filling up the ship, yet it seems that every sailing during the summer on the Emerald has been sold out....and not last minute sell outs either. Our recent Emerald cruise has been sold out for a few months already. We actually really enjoyed the summer cruise which was our first....was really nice to come home to the same type of weather instead of where we would normally come home to snow!!

Princess always used to have at least one ship in FLL in the summer up until about 3 years ago when they put the Caribbean Princess out of NY in the summer months.

Prior to Carribbean Princess entering service, there were no Princess

ships in Ft. Lauderdale in the summer.

Archived