Alcohol Question that has been asked a million times

sharri34

I know this has been asked a million times, but I was wondering if P&O have gotten any smarter recently... (I'm now reading up to Page 147 in the CC P&O board lol:D)

If I were to bring Vodka on board in a Water bottle, would it be safest in my handbag or in my luggage, keeping in mind that I would also be bringing a slab of Water (actual water) with me...

Or should I just throw this out of my mind completely and just relax and let the bar staff make me my cocktails and put the boring vodka a side for 9 days :D:p

..........should I just throw this out of my mind completely and just relax and let the bar staff make me my cocktails and put the boring vodka a side for 9 days :D:p

Thats the way to go I think.

Don't "sweat the small stuff" - relax, accept the bar prices and just enjoy. :):p

Thats the way to go I think.

Don't "sweat the small stuff" - relax, accept the bar prices and just enjoy.

I think you might be right there...:D I just thought I'd throw it out there again to see if anyone else had any new smuggling stories:eek:

I guess I'll just lay back and wait for the cocktails to magically appear in my hands :p

And Oysterfiend, I think you might have a point there;) I dont really remember most of my schoolies cruise:eek: I just remember it being the best time of my life and I cant wait to sail again :D

I think you might be right there...:D I just thought I'd throw it out there again to see if anyone else had any new smuggling stories:eek:

I guess I'll just lay back and wait for the cocktails to magically appear in my hands :p

And Oysterfiend, I think you might have a point there;) I dont really remember most of my schoolies cruise:eek: I just remember it being the best time of my life and I cant wait to sail again :D

we have sneaked on a 2 litre wine cask on p&o in our carry on without any problems.....being in a box it may not show up on the xray

rkmw

We have done the water bottle, no problem, we have had it about 2/3 full. Also had iced tea!! We had friends who used the small travel plastic bottles, admittedly they don't hold more than about 100mls, but if you place them strategically in your luggage, hand luggage, pockets...it's all good.

Checkout the site in the US that sells rumrunners. Just do a google search. They are plastic pouches that are not detectable with the scanners and perfect if you drink spirits.. They are available in different sizes and we bought their "cruise package" before we went on the Rhapsody. They are just great and we have used them on many cruises with no problems. We have also taken the 2 litre casks on-board and taken them out of the box and put into our hand-luggage or case. We also support the bar on-board as our BYO is strictly for our room.

I know this has been asked a million times, but I was wondering if P&O have gotten any smarter recently... (I'm now reading up to Page 147 in the CC P&O board lol:D)

If I were to bring Vodka on board in a Water bottle, would it be safest in my handbag or in my luggage, keeping in mind that I would also be bringing a slab of Water (actual water) with me...

Hi Sharri34,

If you decide to give this a try my suggestion would be to use one or two of water bottles in the slab so it just looks like you have taken 2 out. If you are carrying the slab on board it would just look normal. The Dare ice coffee (all brown bottle)Ive carried on before has a nice Baileys smell to it.

Buy your drinks by all means however freinds of ours got back off the jewel a couple of weeks ago (by the way they put 2 bottles of wine in their check in luggage no problem ) but they bought a bottle of Omni onboard from the bottle shop normally about $10 it cost $35.

We like our wines but we have found that on any Princess cruise the wines are indeed very ordinary:(. They have wines from Chile and the US, all very ordinary and charge upwards of $30US. The best wine that had was an Aussie Rosemont which was $42 US!!!! Yes that is why we take our own:o

Buy your drinks by all means however freinds of ours got back off the jewel a couple of weeks ago (by the way they put 2 bottles of wine in their check in luggage no problem ) but they bought a bottle of Omni onboard from the bottle shop normally about $10 it cost $35.

:eek:$35 for Omni!!! I can't get over that!!! It makes the $7-$15 cocktails sound a lot more economical!!!!

:eek:$35 for Omni!!! I can't get over that!!! It makes the $7-$15 cocktails sound a lot more economical!!!!

yes you see alot of people drinking cockktails

Hi,

I think it depends - are you going to buy as much as you would BYO?

Its up to you. If they opened every drink bottle they see then check-in would take longer. If you do take your own just dont over do it. If your hammered and you have not purchased drinks from the bar you may get a knock on the door from security.

Hi,

I think it depends - are you going to buy as much as you would BYO?

Its up to you. If they opened every drink bottle they see then check-in would take longer. If you do take your own just dont over do it. If your hammered and you have not purchased drinks from the bar you may get a knock on the door from security.

and they realy go looking for pot, you see a group of young guys going through check in and you can shore the security will grab them for a little check so to speek.

RRunners are the answer.

We spend plenty at the Bar but as others have said we want a drink in the cabin before Dinner or at the end of the night.

Drinks on board are pricey considering there is no tax.

The quality of the drinks both cocktails and spirits varies a lot.

I see from your cruising info you have done both Princess and RCI, have been trying to decide which one to do Jan 2011. Suggestions

we have sneaked on a 2 litre wine cask on p&o in our carry on without any problems.....being in a box it may not show up on the xray

rkmw

I see from your cruising info you have done both Princess and RCI, have been trying to decide which one to do Jan 2011. Suggestions

hi Alberta, both cruise lines are good but it depends where you want to cruise to....Princess goes over to NZ where RCI has one cruise to the South Pacific and one to NZ also.....with Princess you dont have to sneak on your booze

rkmw

hi Alberta, both cruise lines are good but it depends where you want to cruise to....Princess goes over to NZ where RCI has one cruise to the South Pacific and one to NZ also.....with Princess you dont have to sneak on your booze

rkmw

Princess allow a bottle of wine or champagne per person. I have seen security staff confiscating bottles of spirits that passengers have put in their check-in luggage. Obviously the passenger was present when the case was opened.

Archived