Bannister Island

jvparish

We are thinking of taking this tour when we are on the Triumph in Oct. The website stated it had complimentary meal and rum punch. Can someone please tell me what kind of meal they are speaking of. I have not been able to find out if they even serve food besides snacks. Thanks so much in advance:)

First and foremost, Bannister Island is a great trip. It is so beautiful and serene which makes for a true private island experience. The staff on the island are fantastic. Say hello to Edison for us! That was our favorite day on our cruise, and we are doing a repeat cruise in March because we liked Bannister (and the other islands we visited) so much!

We didn't eat on the island on our last trip because NCL had a direct tender to and from the island allowing us to go back and eat on the ship. However, we remember it being standard bar/grill food. Hamburgers, fries etc. Nothng fancy and probably overpriced but probably good enough if you are hungry.

I am looking for a tour company for our March trip because NCL no longer offers a tender to Bannister. I will have to check out Triumph. Thanks.

Thanks so much for the response. We are taking our two grown children and I knew my son would starve to death if there wasn't food to purchase.:D Carnival does tender directly to the island which is a great thing. They are just not detailed in their description of the tour so I wasn't sure about the food. Thanks again!

I am looking for a tour company for our March trip because NCL no longer offers a tender to Bannister. I will have to check out Triumph. Thanks.

Have you found any private tour companies that take you to the Island?

I just looked on NCL's website and there is an excursion called "Beach Break". It says it tenders to the island and has a picture of Bannister Island. Here is the write up:

"What's better than relaxing on the beach, working on your tan, or swimming at the beautiful secluded beach of a Belizean island? Board your tender for a short voyage to the island and enjoy a relaxing day of some fun in the sun. Once at the beach, relax under a coconut tree, take a dip in the ocean, participate in a game of beach volleyball, or take part in the tug-of-war challenge. Complimentary use of the 25-foot water trampoline, kayaks, floats and tubes are available. Enjoy a game of Beach Volleyball or tug-of-war at no additional charge. Note: We recommend you bring your credit card and cash for the restaurant"

We just got back on 8/1. We cruised on the Legend. We tried to book the Bannister Island excursion through Carnival but was told they cancelled the excursion for a while for construction on the Island. We then booked the reef snorkel with beach break. The beach break was to Bannister Island. The food offered for sale were burgers etc. The bar was well stocked. This is definitely the place to go in Belize.

Im getting concerned- we are booked through Carnival to go to Bannister on our 8/22 legend cruise- It is still showing up as booked - Did you get any idea how long till they resume? I really would like to see Bannister and if need be will switch to a private tour-

thanks

Is Bannister Island just a beach type day? Anything else to do there? I ask because I have some older ladies in my group who wont really want to swim and sun bathe, wondered if there was something there that would be of interest to them.

Is Bannister Island just a beach type day? Anything else to do there? I ask because I have some older ladies in my group who wont really want to swim and sun bathe, wondered if there was something there that would be of interest to them.

Yup that's pretty much it... sunbathe, swim, eat and maybe play some beach volleyball. There is no shopping at all (if there was we missed it).

It's very beautiful there if you like a nice relaxing day.

We have booked with Coral Breeze.. I also was confused when I didn't see Carnival offering the excursion anymore and I know I have seen it before.. but Mark at Coral Breeze is great.. can't wait to get there...and if you have more than 6 in your party there is a 10% discount;)

We have booked with Coral Breeze.. I also was confused when I didn't see Carnival offering the excursion anymore and I know I have seen it before.. but Mark at Coral Breeze is great.. can't wait to get there...and if you have more than 6 in your party there is a 10% discount;)

carnival seems to be offering it again- I am booked to go to Bannister through Carnival and we leave on our cruise Sunday

First and foremost, Bannister Island is a great trip. It is so beautiful and serene which makes for a true private island experience. The staff on the island are fantastic. Say hello to Edison for us! That was our favorite day on our cruise, and we are doing a repeat cruise in March because we liked Bannister (and the other islands we visited) so much!

We didn't eat on the island on our last trip because NCL had a direct tender to and from the island allowing us to go back and eat on the ship. However, we remember it being standard bar/grill food. Hamburgers, fries etc. Nothng fancy and probably overpriced but probably good enough if you are hungry.

eggybear i found a company online.. i believe it was coralbreezes. 60 and you get the beach, snorkel and manatee if you want all three. i know the valor now has the bannister beach break, 40.00 and its only the beach.

Thanks for the info. Looks lovely and I'm sure I would enjoy it, personally. Just not sure the others in my group would want to spend a day at the beach since they all live in FL. But maybe....

I live in Fla but still love Carribbean beaches such as this. I just have to decide....Carnival tour or Coral Breeze?

Archived