Taking my laptop

thanks for the advice. I'm honestly hoping that I won't have to take it, but more than likely I will and I will use it for more than just school work (backing up pictures, finding wireless in port possibly). I wish we had a costco to check out but there are none in my area. Sam's Club has a nice one right now but for a 17inch laptop that my brother just got. My little 13inch laptop was jiggling around in it, not what I want. I am going to hit back to school sales to find a good one in the next few weeks. Then I will be ready for the fall semester anyway!

You've already gotten some good advice regarding storage, but I'd also be concerned about using it on the pool deck. I've read reports of people's iPads overheating while they're reading on the pool deck and I know my MBP heats up sometimes when I'm not even outside, depending on what I'm doing.

Just somethin' to think about!

I've taken my laptop everywhere, never had an issue. Most times leave it in the bag when and tuck it into a drawer so its out of sight. The room maids/stewards aren't the worry but the passing opportunist thief. Keep it out of sight and you'll be good for the most part, YMMV

The safe is fine for wallets, a small camera, phones...

The only things we put in the safe are our passports and the booze. The really important stuff. ;)

Left laptop set up on desk entire cruise except when searching for a WiFi hot spot. Was very handy for copying pictures to each day. Had to take it as a condition of work, but then work paid for the internet time. Completely blew a few people away when I fixed a network problem from London.

I am cruising this winter and I am going to be taking my laptop with me. I will be starting student teaching soon after I get back so I will have some work to do while we are away, but I would rather do my work sitting on the pool deck than at home, so its not a big deal for me. Does anyone know if a 13inch laptop will fit in the safe on the freedom? I know my MBP has a lock slot but I was hoping not to have to buy one/pack it. And I don't exactly know what I would hook it onto in the cabin. What have you done with your laptops to make sure they are safe on the cruise. I am kind of nervous about just leaving it in a drawer or something.

We always take our laptop and have left it on top of the desk. We have never had any problems. If you dont feel secure doing this, just put it in your suitcase and put a lock on it. I have a hard time getting my small purse in the safe, I doubt your laptop will fit.

My husband and I have different opinions about storage of laptops. He often leaves his 17" laptop out on the counter. I typically feel a little more comfortable locking mine in my laptop case or in my suitacse under the bed. Regardless, no issues - cabin attendant didn't touch a thing.

Archived