Boook with HA and transfer to travel agent?

inverted1

I'm sorry if this has been asked before, but for some reason I cannot get the search function to work for me at all.

If I book a cruise directly with Holland America, can I then transfer the booking to a travel agent after making final payment? I know that this can be done with Celebrity (although I've not done it), but I've no clue if this is something that can be done with every other cruise line booking.

Apparently, folks book with Celebrity and get the deal that's offered by the cruise line itself (on board credit, etc). Then later on they fill out a form to transfer the booking to their travel agent, and get to utilize whatever deal that they are offering as well.

Thanks.

I'm sorry if this has been asked before, but for some reason I cannot get the search function to work for me at all.

If I book a cruise directly with Holland America, can I then transfer the booking to a travel agent after making final payment? I know that this can be done with Celebrity (although I've not done it), but I've no clue if this is something that can be done with every other cruise line booking.

Apparently, folks book with Celebrity and get the deal that's offered by the cruise line itself (on board credit, etc). Then later on they fill out a form to transfer the booking to their travel agent, and get to utilize whatever deal that they are offering as well.

Thanks.

You can transfer to a travel agent BEFORE the final payment is made. You will get the OBC's and the low down payment offered by HAL as well as any other price breaks and perks offered by your TA. We do this all the time, but it has to be done before final payment. You can use your current TA or have it transferred to your TA of choice. I can't imagine what advantage there would be to transferring after the final payment has been made, or why Celebrity would have allowed this......

Yes, you may do this from other cruise lines as well. We have done it with Princess, HAL, and Celebrity.

If you book on board, can you "declare" your TA at that time and still get the OBC, or do you have to do the booking strictly with HAL and transfer it later? (I know that the transfer is possible, I'm just wondering about the mechanics of it)
Yes. In fact the default is (or has in the past been) that the booking goes to the TA that you used for the cruise you are on ... your "TA of record". I did this once.

If you want to change to a different TA then you should just book with HAL and transfer it later. When I did this, I didn't have to "fill out a form" as inverted1 said. I just called HAL after getting home and told them who I wanted to use. They then gave me a call-back name and number to give my TA, and it was done.

If you book on board, can you "declare" your TA at that time and still get the OBC, or do you have to do the booking strictly with HAL and transfer it later? (I know that the transfer is possible, I'm just wondering about the mechanics of it)

Whenever I have booked on board (which is every time we cruise ;)), the FCC has repeated back to me our "TA of record" and asked us if this is the TA to whom we would like to have our booking transferred. I asked Tom Steer, the FCC on board the "O" last November, if we could switch it to another TA if we chose to do so, and he said, "Absolutely."

We didn't switch, but I just wanted to verify that it could be done it we wanted to do it.

Whenever I have booked on board (which is every time we cruise ;)), the FCC has repeated back to me our "TA of record" and asked us if this is the TA to whom we would like to have our booking transferred. I asked Tom Steer, the FCC on board the "O" last November, if we could switch it to another TA if we chose to do so, and he said, "Absolutely."

We didn't switch, but I just wanted to verify that it could be done it we wanted to do it.

Thanks, that sounds easy. Easy is always good when you're on vacation!

Yes. In fact the default is (or has in the past been) that the booking goes to the TA that you used for the cruise you are on ... your "TA of record". I did this once.

If you want to change to a different TA then you should just book with HAL and transfer it later. When I did this, I didn't have to "fill out a form" as inverted1 said. I just called HAL after getting home and told them who I wanted to use. They then gave me a call-back name and number to give my TA, and it was done.

When I was booking on board and wanted the booking assigned to a new TA (my former TA was retiring), it was a simple matter of signing a form that stated that.

Easier than making a phone call, imo!

Archived