Is cabin assignment likely to change?

Signdy

We asked for a guarantee A booking when we made our reservation 120 days in advance of our Oct 9 cruise. As soon as our cruise information was available online under "Already Booked" it showed us as assigned to 408. I read one post that said once an assignment is made, it's not likely to be changed. Have we lost our chance to be upgraded?

We asked for a guarantee A booking when we made our reservation 120 days in advance of our Oct 9 cruise. As soon as our cruise information was available online under "Already Booked" it showed us as assigned to 408. I read one post that said once an assignment is made, it's not likely to be changed. Have we lost our chance to be upgraded?

No,you can talk to your TA and ask for a higher priced suite,but you will have to pay.

Always choose the suite that you want and pay the price,then you will not be taking a gamble or end up being disappointed.

Bear in mind that you pay quite a lot less for a guarantee - some people certainly do get upgraded; on a fairly recent cruise on Pride we chose and paid for an A1 grade - fine - and met another couple who had paid quite a lot less and were put into a balcony B3 grade. No complaints from us; they were lucky, but you cannot expect that the same might happen to you or anyone else. As the good Lord says, you can only be sure of a superior suite or one in a good position if you choose it and pay whatever the current price is.

My Mom and I always book a guaranty A1. We have never been upgraded until a couple of years ago. Mom was upgraded to a Suite on Deck 6; however, I wasn't upgraded and stayed on Deck 4 (it's close to the launderette!!). I didn't mind not being upgraded but it would have been nice to be next door to each other. Well, as I said I really didn't mind. Just being on Seabourn is enough for me!!!

Lisa :)

Archived