5-night Canada cruise -- is one 24" suitcase + knapsack pp enough?

We are taking the Weehawken ferry to NYC on Monday, our cruise day. :D I'd really like to travel as light as we can. Is it possible to get by with just one 24" suitcase for each of us plus our knapsacks? Based on weather reports, it doesn't look like we'll need much swimwear or shorts/T-shirts. Any thoughts?

Also...our FunPass info says that if we show up more than 30 minutes before the listed boarding time of 1 PM, we might not even be allowed into the terminal!! I read report after report of people being let on at 11 AM. What's the truth about this?

Packing is personal, in my view. I have a son flying to Guam right now for a three-month stint on a ship with a duffel bag, smaller bag and backpack in tow.:eek: I think you can do this cruise with a bag/carry-on each. You do need to be prepared for any type of weather, but you can do that with 2 pairs of shorts, 2 pairs of slacks, and a sweatshirt/sweater.

On port arrival time - We've sailed from NYC six times, and every time we've arrived between 11 and 12 with no problem parking or checking in. I wouldn't arrive much before 10:30, but even at that time I've seen people waiting in the boarding area as we departed a cruise.

Don't forget to cross-pack some of each other's stuff in your suitcases just in case a bag gets lost before it gets to your cabin.

You can always take advantage of the laundry or laundry service.

Canada can be tricky. I'm always cold and I've done sightseeing in a T-shirt in Canada in September. Packed my hoodie, just in case. Mix and Match and layering are my suggestions. Of course, you can always pick up T-shirts there, but then you'll be schlepping more stuff back with you.

Archived