Massadam cruise church services Oct 24&31, 2010

Re Catholic Mass, it's generally at 8:00 a.m. while at sea, and at 5:00 p.m. while ship is in port. Ship generally sails at 5:00 and last call to be aboard at 4:30. Ergo, 5:00 p.m. I'll be aboard the Rotterdam next April for 30 days over Palm Sunday, Good Friday, Easter and Passover. Can anyone tell me what the Easter services are like on board? I'm really looking forward to the experience. Hope there is a sunrise service.

To clarify what Tracie ABD said happened on the Rotterdam recently. I offered Mass at 5:00 PM on Saturday and 8:00 AM on Sunday. At 9:00 AM I led an interdemoninational Christian Service. I also did a crew Mass that evening for Catholic Crew members. Then I did Daily Mass on ship. At Sea it was 8:00 AM and in Port it was at 5:00 PM. All were well attended.

To clarify what Tracie ABD said happened on the Rotterdam recently. I offered Mass at 5:00 PM on Saturday and 8:00 AM on Sunday. At 9:00 AM I led an interdemoninational Christian Service. I also did a crew Mass that evening for Catholic Crew members. Then I did Daily Mass on ship. At Sea it was 8:00 AM and in Port it was at 5:00 PM. All were well attended.

Thanks, Father, I knew that you would make it back around here to clear things up!

I hope you are well and not sweltering to badly in Manhatten. It is hot, hotter, hottest in Charlotte right now.:)

If there is no priest or chaplain on board, sometimes an officer will preside (if that's the right word) over a nondenominational service. On our Princess cruise (1 week), the captain did a very nice nondenom service. The only part I didn't like was that I found it unsettling to end with the hymn "For Those in Peril on the Seas," which I believe was one of the hymns sung on Titanic toward the end. And if the Captain has us singing about peril on the seas, what does he know that he isn't telling us??? :eek:

Archived