Saying goodbye to Holland...Veendam A/C problems

karenj4546

WOW, this thread is amazing. I'm with Jade.

However, I do agree if the OP doesn't think the offer reasonable then that is her choice and should be respected.

But HAL is probably making a standard business decision.

I'm guessing that there is limited proof either way about the ac in the cabin. The OP says aboslutely no ac, I'm not sure what HALS employees reported. The old adage about three versions with the last being the truth.......

I sincerely wish the OP all the best with her family and her travels. I've been in the same situation where I just voted with my dollars and my feet and moved on.

Happy cruzer, thank you. One thing I have learned from this and other "AC" threads is that it is hard to gage the actual temperature that anyone is reporting on a message board. It is very differant than someone saying an overhang was dangerously about to fall onto their balcony and on them and than posting a picture to back up their experiance.

That was me and thank you, Oceanwench, that is exactly it.

<SNIP>

Finally .... an onboard credit is NOT the same as cash. We spend a very small amount onboard. If we were issued $440 credit, we'd be hard put to come up with what to spend it on.

Cash is cash. A credit on money that has not been spent is not credit for what we were promised when we booked. The OP should receive a credit on the amount she paid for the cruise.

Heather, You make a good point & I can't disagree with much of your post except that you say the OBC is not the same as cash..Just because you, your DH & also me & my DH don't spend that much, on a 7 day cruise, does not mean others don't..

In the case of the OP it was given as cash to reduce her final invoice of $2400 by $440..

Now you say that she should receive a full refund for what she paid for the cruise which would be $962.50 pp minus the $440 already received, or should she also get a refund for her FIL, whose cabin was cold? Or does she expect it to include her on board expenses..

I'm still wondering if she believes that what she spent in on board expenses should also be refunded...If not why did she mention the $6000...

Normally, in business classes they teach rules of writing a complaint letter...They always say that you should tell the company what you expect as fair compensation..

See:

http://www.consumeraction.gov/caw_problems_sample_complaint.shtml

Quote:

Remain calm. The person who can help didn't cause the problem.

Don't use an angry, threatening or sarcastic tone.

State exactly what you want done about the problem.

Document each step, and keep copies. UNQUOTE

Cheers...Betty

Archived