S-Cabin Spreadsheet Update Available

librarylady19

Attached is the latest update to the spreadsheet. I posted it here, as well as on the sticky to make newcomers to this board aware of this tool. There have been quite a few cabin questions posted recently that make me wonder if some people don't know that the spreadsheet is there. Thanks to everyone who has reported back after their cruises. Not that I want to make work for myself, but the more people who report, the more useful this spreadsheet will be in helping to make that very important cabin decision.

Please use this format when posting, to keep the responses uniform (and to make it easier for me to copy & paste):

SHIP -

Cabin # -

Deck #

Class –

Area (Starboard or Port Side) -

Bed near?(balcony or bath) –

Quiet Cabin? (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) –

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location or any obstructions was an issue. –

Balcony Size Normal or oversized for class? -

Was wind a problem?

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem?

Problems/Comments -

A few reminders:

• Please, include SHIP NAME in your posting
  • Do not post specific cabin questions here, start a new thread on the X forum
  • If you notice any errors or omissions, please feel free to email me.
  • If you would like the Excel version I will be glad to email it to you.
  • I am cross posting this on the X board too.

Thanks!

S-Class Cabins 8-8-2010.pdf

Hi Sandi - Thanks for posting the note here. I have been thinking more and more to make a suggestion so that people are not chastised for posting a question. I saw someone who was clearly new that found their way to the thread and asked a question. I think its natural to ask a question at a well of great resource, and I find it troubling when they are cut short.

Perhaps there can be a different set up that CC can assist you with to link to an email box to you and only the spreadsheet update form/format.

This way the sheet is easily found as a sticky and it is not encumbered by all the information that has not yet been assigned to an updated sheet. In this fashion people will be unable to ask a question there as they are able to now due to the format and will have to go to the below the line threads that are not locked.

I'd love to see a few minor changes that will make the sticky spreadsheet available as a direct link to the PDF file. The time that everyone has collectively put into the spreadsheet has been invaluable and I think its been a benefit to so many that it should stick at the top.

Hopefully this is possible.

Thank you for all of your hardwork-we really used this quite a bit before making a final decision on our room! The orginal room I wanted in AQ would have been horrible for my DH-he's a very light sleeper. Happy to see our actual booked room is marked quiet! Decided to not go AQ this time but got a lovely room on the hump! Thanks again!

CoffeequeenJ:p

Hi Sandi - Thanks for posting the note here. I have been thinking more and more to make a suggestion so that people are not chastised for posting a question. I saw someone who was clearly new that found their way to the thread and asked a question. I think its natural to ask a question at a well of great resource, and I find it troubling when they are cut short.

Perhaps there can be a different set up that CC can assist you with to link to an email box to you and only the spreadsheet update form/format.

This way the sheet is easily found as a sticky and it is not encumbered by all the information that has not yet been assigned to an updated sheet. In this fashion people will be unable to ask a question there as they are able to now due to the format and will have to go to the below the line threads that are not locked.

I'd love to see a few minor changes that will make the sticky spreadsheet available as a direct link to the PDF file. The time that everyone has collectively put into the spreadsheet has been invaluable and I think its been a benefit to so many that it should stick at the top.

Hopefully this is possible.

Good points! I think it is difficult sometimes for people to easily locate the most recent update to the spreadsheet. Perhaps our clever hosts can come up with an idea for easier access.

Just wanted to add my thanks - this is a fabulous compilation (of course it doesn't include my exact cabin yet 7258 - but does have reviews of some above and below - and my review coming in a few weeks will be sent along!) Super job and a very helpful tool!:D

Good points! I think it is difficult sometimes for people to easily locate the most recent update to the spreadsheet. Perhaps our clever hosts can come up with an idea for easier access.

Sadly, it's that people don't know how easy it is to search the board. :)

To get to the latest spreadsheet, all you have to do is:

Click the number in the "replies" column next to the thread title.

This will bring up the names of everyone that has posted in the thread.

Click the number in the "posts" column next to your name on that list.

This will bring up all the posts you have made, most recent first.

Click the link next to the post that starts with 'attached is the latest update'

Shouldn't take more than 5 seconds to find the most recent spreadsheet. :)

(Maybe a mod can post these directions in the first post in the thread? I don't know if that'll help, but it sure couldn't hurt.)

Archived