what specialty restaurant is the best on the Solstice?

leallison

We have been on two S class ships and think Tuscan Grille is a must do for us. We have it booked again for October.

We enjoyed Bistro on Five on a 14 night cruise, sometimes that long you need the diversity. I would do this venue for lunch on a 7 bit not a dinner. I have recently read that someone did this on boarding day, if its available on our boarding day in October I will do it in a heartbeat.

Murano's we have done on other ships and can't seem to pull it off on S Class, I think because the MDR is so good and that we like TG so much. Still have not done Silk Harvest either.

Murano, Silk Harvest, or Tuscan Grille? Opinions please. I am going to be AQ class but want to do one specialty restaurant. I think I did Murano (Infinity 6 years ago) on our last cruise and it was pretty good.

All the specialty restaurants are good but our favorite is Tuscan Grille. If you love looking aft and seeing the wake of the ship, the view from this restaurant can't be beat. Food and Service is truly wonderful. We stayed in Aqua the last time on Solstice and only ate once in Tuscan Grille. We love Blu so much that next time we go, we will eat only in Blu. Filet in Blu was as good as Tuscan Grille.

Pat

Thanks. I did Murano on another ship...and it was pretty good. I do remember the main dining room being awesome though. I do not remember much and that is not good. I am looking forward to Blu for certain. I think Tuscan Grille sounds nice. I also like the sound of Silk Harvest...is it sort of like PF changs but nicer?

Does anybody know how silk harvest is? I love Asian food...is it good?

We've been to the Silk Harvest twice and loved it. Nice change of pace with great variety and service.Quite different from neighborhood take out.

Murano's and Tuscan were also good--just different---it's all about what you enjoy,check out the menus.

We were on Solstice in February and went to both Tuscan Grille and Silk Harvest. Hands down, Tuscan Grille was our favorite (we've already booked it for 2 nights on our TA on the Constellation in Nov - so glad they are adding it to the ship). Silk Harvest was very good but I do not think it was worth the extra charge. We had sushi and then dishes that reminded us of PF Changs - so, basically high-end Chinese food.

Bistro on Five was also one of our favorites for a more casual lunchtime meal.

So, let me get this straight:

Tuscan Grille: italian steak restaurant, right? do they have pasta AND steaks?

Murano: I cannot remember what they have here..just everything, right but very good quality

Silk Harvest: like PF changs. Is it as good as PF changs or better? or worse?

for my extra $$$ Murano can't be beat. Tuscan Grille is tougher for me as I grew up in an Italian household and always compare pasta and Italian dishes to my mom's cooking, a tough lady to beat to this day.

Silk harvest was o/k, nothing spectacular, again just my opinion.

Murano from the service to the quality of the food was just superb. My wife had duck and it was great, I had fois gras which was outstanding, and I had a venison steak that was perfect. Desert there was great as well, even my father who doesn't impress easily was floored.

We're booking Murano 2x if we can in February on the Solstice.

Tuscan Grille: italian steak restaurant, right? do they have pasta AND steaks?

Murano: I cannot remember what they have here..just everything, right but very good quality

Silk Harvest: like PF changs. Is it as good as PF changs or better? or worse?

Hi Leallison !

You are on the right track. Murano and Tuscan Grille are excellent choices. Tuscan has a variety of dishes, and a few pasta dishes, but they are known for their steaks. Murano is absolutely wonderful, and features a Continental Cuisine.

I was on Solstice last month, and we tried Silk Harvest for the first time. There were 10 of us, and everyone Silk enjoyed it very much. I've been to PF Changs several times, and I thought Silk Harvest's cuisine was far better than PF Changs. I recommend trying it !

Here is a link to Celebrity's website, which has additional details on Celebrity's Specialty Restaurants: http://www.celebritycruises.com/whyceleb/heroSingleTxtSub.do;jsessionid=?pagename=specialty_dining

I hope this helps. Enjoy your Cruise !

Tuscan Grille: italian steak restaurant, right? do they have pasta AND steaks? Murano: I cannot remember what they have here..just everything, right but very good quality. Silk Harvest: like PF changs. Is it as good as PF changs or better? or worse?

Hi, "leallison."

The best thing that you can do right now is to look at the three restaurants' menus themselves ... and they are available at the Celebrity site. I am going to link them for you now. Before I do, though, I want to mention that you could not have eaten at Murano's six years ago, because it didn't exist. OK, here we go ...

This is the Tuscan Grille menu (page down after you get there):

http://www.celebritycruises.com/dining/product/detail/view.do;jsessionid=0000yqbMSBgHl5LzTLW3HUIoXXO:12hdebcnj?ProductCode=TUSCDINNER&componentType=3&currencyCode=USD&shipCode=SL

This is the Silk Harvest menu (page down):

http://www.celebritycruises.com/dining/product/detail/view.do;jsessionid=0000yqbMSBgHl5LzTLW3HUIoXXO:12hdebcnj?ProductCode=SILKDINNER&componentType=3&currencyCode=USD&shipCode=SL

This page has Murano's TWO SEPARATE MENUS. The top half of the page (through the "Entrees" section) is the normal menu ($35). The bottom half is the much more expensive "Five Senses" menu, with wine pairings included:

http://www.celebritycruises.com/dining/product/detail/view.do;jsessionid=0000yqbMSBgHl5LzTLW3HUIoXXO:12hdebcnj?ProductCode=MURADINNER&componentType=3&currencyCode=USD&shipCode=SL

Have fun!

Archived