Dress code on QM2

dizey47

I wonder just whose self-esteem you are speaking of?

I can only speak from my point of view, and I always feel very good when I dress up, but it certainly isn't done to boost my self-esteem.

Cunard is a very old cruise line that attemps to market itself to passengers who enjoy the very traditional aspect of what passenger ships offered their passengers throughout the golden age. And yes, you are absolutely right-- there is nothing, whatsoever, wrong with that!

Perfectly stated!

Hot dam Margatebne, you've given me a scathingly brilliant idea! I must phone my medical insurance company right away and ask if they cover that prescription---if they do, I want the same diagnosis & treatment you got!:) Hey, who knows, maybe it's an epidemic!:D

Cheers,

Salacia

It was available on the NHS here in the UK but I have just been informed that it has been subject to all the cuts...... will only allow a Brittany Ferry to France!

It was available on the NHS here in the UK but I have just been informed that it has been subject to all the cuts...... will only allow a Brittany Ferry to France!

Well in that case - don't bother with your best clothes.

Many years ago, we took our young niece to St Malo on B F - she was very ill and sadly her clothes were spoiled - you can imagine what happened as she leaned over the deck!

Guess who had to wash them when we got the the camp site :rolleyes:

Vomit and camping:

Wow did this tread drift...

Anyway I will be looking forward to three nights in tux for my upcoming Trans Atlantic. If you get one that fits correctly it is almost like wearing pajamas...

I am glad I no longer wear a tux at work because now it will actually be fun for me.

However, I do know Cunard for some reason likes to tell you what the dress code will be each night in the pre cruise docs and then change it on you for reasons not understandable to me.

The pre cruise docs spell out the dress code very clearly.

It is a fun dress up party on a ship that is decorated like a set from an ocean liner movie from the 1930s.

Tom in Long Beach.

Vomit and camping:

Wow did this tread drift...

Anyway I will be looking forward to three nights in tux for my upcoming Trans Atlantic. If you get one that fits correctly it is almost like wearing pajamas...

I am glad I no longer wear a tux at work because now it will actually be fun for me.

However, I do know Cunard for some reason likes to tell you what the dress code will be each night in the pre cruise docs and then change it on you for reasons not understandable to me.

The pre cruise docs spell out the dress code very clearly.

It is a fun dress up party on a ship that is decorated like a set from an ocean liner movie from the 1930s.

Tom in Long Beach.

Yes, and it very easy for a man--there is very little thought about formal nights, once you have selected your tux. It must be wonderful. I , on the other hand, put lots of thought into my gowns. I hope they don't change the number of formal nights on me the next time for I will prepare by having the same number of gowns as they say there are formal nights. I don't really appreciate going out and looking for just the right gown for a formal evening and then have no formal evening to wear it to. So I think the next time, I will just wear them all anyway. Hey , so I am a little overdressed? They say that is better than the other way around anyway, don't they?:)

• 1 month later...
Thank you all for the advice. I think we will have to do some serious shopping before we go. Too much luggage is a problem as we are are travelling around a bit before the cruise, Brisbane to Sydney then to Johannesburg then to Mauritius (for 10 days) finally to Cape Town. I think I will have to do a bit of the mix and match thing.

dizey47, did you find any formal attire in Brissy? Can you suggest somewhere to try? We're going to head down there in November in the hope of finding something.

Cheers

Dot

Dot

It is "almost" impossible to purchase a Tuxedo in Brisbane (city of 1 million) - as far as I can make out they simply are not part of life here EXCEPT for weddings. Hence the only place that you will find them is at wedding hire places. However they generally only hire them and don't sell them. The only place that I have been able to source them from at a retail level is (believe it or not - Lowes). In theory they stock them - however in practice they do not. They generally will have one or two in stock - but not your size!! :(

I managed to get myself an "ex-rental" item from the Endeavour Foundation store at Logan City. They do have a largish range of ex-rental stock there in reasonable condition.

Barry

Archived