Early Saver and someone possibly ca't go...

david08

Ok, I know there have been a few threads on this, please don't flame me, I am at work and desperate for infomation.

We are cruising on the Carnival Destiny in 86 days, we booked our 3rd passenger with ES (although I cant seem to confirm that on the website). We only put down the deposit of $200 for this passenger, even though their rate is only $129 for the 3rd passenger. Well, now it appears like she can not go because of financial hardship with her job (may be losing it and no longer is given vacation time)

Im 99% sure its booked ES but can't verify, so are we stuck? Although we put down $200 and her rate was only $129...do we still lose the full $200...There are currently CONFIRMED 5 of us going, ALL past guest and 2 platinium (within 5 years), so we are hardcore Carnival fans, will they give us any type of credit toward our next cruise? Can we credit that deposit to another cruise for a new passenger in March?

Any ideas??

Thank you so much for any assistance...

Yes Mach, I was the first person booked under that cabin and I was booked under ES with my brother. We later moved my brother to another room and booked two more people under the same catergory. So, I am assuming the 3rd is an ES

Ok, I know there have been a few threads on this, please don't flame me, I am at work and desperate for infomation.

We are cruising on the Carnival Destiny in 86 days, we booked our 3rd passenger with ES (although I cant seem to confirm that on the website). We only put down the deposit of $200 for this passenger, even though their rate is only $129 for the 3rd passenger. Well, now it appears like she can not go because of financial hardship with her job (may be losing it and no longer is given vacation time)

Im 99% sure its booked ES but can't verify, so are we stuck? Although we put down $200 and her rate was only $129...do we still lose the full $200...There are currently CONFIRMED 5 of us going, ALL past guest and 2 platinium (within 5 years), so we are hardcore Carnival fans, will they give us any type of credit toward our next cruise? Can we credit that deposit to another cruise for a new passenger in March?

Any ideas??

Thank you so much for any assistance...

Call your booking agent TA or PVP and ask how you are booked and how the added 3rd passenger is booked. for the original booking, you can look at your Booking confirmation - toward the end there should be a section titled something like "conditions" which should contain wording similar to the ES Terms & Conditions including "non-refundable deposit" and "no name changes" if you are Booked Early Saver. If the added PAX were added while ES was still being offered, they should be ES - if they were added after ES is withdrawn then they're definitely not ES.

If you and the added PAX are booked ES, and you're not yet at final payment (you're getting close at 86 days), the PAX cancelling will lose $50 ES cancellation penalty and the balance of the deposit will be held for a future cruise.

If the added PAX is booked other than ES and you're not yet at Final Payment, there should be no cancellation penalty for the added PAX and the entire amount "deposited" should be refunded.

ken

Yes Mach, I was the first person booked under that cabin and I was booked under ES with my brother. We later moved my brother to another room and booked two more people under the same catergory. So, I am assuming the 3rd is an ES

That being the case and you're not yet at final payment the third can cancel, lose $50 and have the remainder of the $200 to apply to a cruise in the next two years.

Wow...thank you Ken and Mach!! We did book while ES was still available and have confirmed they are booked ES. We are not at final payment yet, about 3 weeks away...but my next question is...if we cancel, take the $50 hit and receive the credit of $150 for a cruise in two years, can it be used on her son...or does it have to be used by the exact same person that is cancelling?

For example, the son, whose intials are AV booked the cruise and paid for deposit for both AV and BV. BV now has to try and cancel, when we receive the credit, can AV use the credit or will it only be alllowed to be used by BV?

LOL...im complicated, i know!

Did you originally book the cabin as ES? If not, the third would not have been booked ES. That third would have to be under the same fare code.

:)

Not necessarily. We have two at ES and ES is still available, but past guest was the same rate for the 3rd, so the 3rd person is past guest, not ES.

PVP said it went thru that way, she wasnt sure either.

So, our 3rd pax can cancel until final payment, the first two cant.

Wow...thank you Ken and Mach!! We did book while ES was still available and have confirmed they are booked ES. We are not at final payment yet, about 3 weeks away...but my next question is...if we cancel, take the $50 hit and receive the credit of $150 for a cruise in two years, can it be used on her son...or does it have to be used by the exact same person that is cancelling?

For example, the son, whose intials are AV booked the cruise and paid for deposit for both AV and BV. BV now has to try and cancel, when we receive the credit, can AV use the credit or will it only be alllowed to be used by BV?

LOL...im complicated, i know!

Is AV on the cruise ... or paid just to pay??? If AV is on the cruise, they can sign a paper to fax to get the future cruise stating they paid the deposit.

Yes, AV will be on the cruise and he is the son of BV and also the one that paid for the deposit with his card.

He will be booking another cruise for March 2011 in about a month and if we can use that credit from his cancelled mom to him, then we would like to try and do that

Is AV on the cruise ... or paid just to pay??? If AV is on the cruise, they can sign a paper to fax to get the future cruise stating they paid the deposit.

Yes, AV will be on the cruise and he is the son of BV and also the one that paid for the deposit with his card.

He will be booking another cruise for March 2011 in about a month and if we can use that credit from his cancelled mom to him, then we would like to try and do that

As above ... he can sign a paper to fax in to get the credit in his name.

O.k., I have a question along these same lines and Fire, Mach, or any who know I would appreciate help. I understand the penalty under ES but if I cancel a cruise booked with ES, and want to immediately rebook another cruise, does it have to be under ES too in order to use that deposit? I'm getting close to final payment for one that was booked ES but the one I want to switch to is too close to still be eligible for ES. any help would be appreciated!

Pat

O.k., I have a question along these same lines and Fire, Mach, or any who know I would appreciate help. I understand the penalty under ES but if I cancel a cruise booked with ES, and want to immediately rebook another cruise, does it have to be under ES too in order to use that deposit? I'm getting close to final payment for one that was booked ES but the one I want to switch to is too close to still be eligible for ES. any help would be appreciated!

Pat

I'll be the "any who know":

No! Whether ES is no longer available or not, you do NOT have to re-book the follow-on cruise as ES - you can book Past Guest, CashBack or whatever. However you can't use this strategy to get back the remainder of your deposit!!! ken

I'll be the "any who know":

No! Whether ES is no longer available or not, you do NOT have to re-book the follow-on cruise as ES - you can book Past Guest, CashBack or whatever. However you can't use this strategy to get back the remainder of your deposit!!! ken

You mean after paying the penalty, they won't apply the rest of the ES deposit of the cancelled cruise to the new cruise I am booking? Now I'm really confused! I thought there was a penalty for ES and I know they don't refund the deposit but was under the understanding that it could be applied to another cruise that I book?!:confused:

Pat

Look I booked a cruise for myself and DD and then booked and paid the deposit for friend and sons to go to ........ sons might have to be cancelled and according to Carnival even though I paid the deposit, the deposit amount (less the $50.00 administration fee) goes to the passenger who is cancelled ........ NOT the person who paid it ............ double checked with 5 different CVS's and ALL told me the same and my friend at Carnival checked with a ES Supervisor and he/she said the same, the $200 credit goes with the passenger it was booked for .......... so no I can't transer the credit to me and my DD for future bookings.

You mean after paying the penalty, they won't apply the rest of the ES deposit of the cancelled cruise to the new cruise I am booking? Now I'm really confused! I thought there was a penalty for ES and I know they don't refund the deposit but was under the understanding that it could be applied to another cruise that I book?!:confused:

Pat

What he's saying is you can't transfer the ES money to a new PG booking, and then take advantage of the PG cancel and recoup the money that was originally earmarked for ES. So if you transferred $150 from ES and added $300 for a $450 total PG rate, and then you cancelled that, you would still only be able to get the $300 back since the $150 is considered nonrefundable.

Hope that didn't confuse you more!

Pat

You lose $50pp penalty and the balance of your ES deposit IS transferred to the follow-on cruise.

What I meant to say is that you cannot use the ability to re-book under a rate other than ES (such as Past Guest, for instance) in the hope that you can then cancel the (Past Guest) and "cash-out" what remains of your deposit. ken

Look I booked a cruise for myself and DD and then booked and paid the deposit for friend and sons to go to ........ sons might have to be cancelled and according to Carnival even though I paid the deposit, the deposit amount (less the $50.00 administration fee) goes to the passenger who is cancelled ........ NOT the person who paid it ............ double checked with 5 different CVS's and ALL told me the same and my friend at Carnival checked with a ES Supervisor and he/she said the same, the $200 credit goes with the passenger it was booked for .......... so no I can't transer the credit to me and my DD for future bookings.

If you booked a Early Saver under your name and paid for same, it IS possible to get the balance of the deposit (after the $50pp penalty) transferred to your name - there's a procedure and apparently a form to do so. Fire can probably expand on this! ken

• 1 month later...
If you booked a Early Saver under your name and paid for same, it IS possible to get the balance of the deposit (after the $50pp penalty) transferred to your name - there's a procedure and apparently a form to do so. Fire can probably expand on this! ken

I was told the same thing as Lorna...so please Fire can you possibly tell me which form that can be filled out cause I'm the one that booked for that boy that is cancelling and would like the deposit back to me since I'm the one that paid for it!!!!

Pat

sorry about the confusion. The remainder of your deposit WILL be applied to future cruise whether ES, PG, 55+ etc. My point was that by booking other than ES you will still never be able to manipulate the system to get that original ES Deposit refunded in cash. ken

I was told the same thing as Lorna...so please Fire can you possibly tell me which form that can be filled out cause I'm the one that booked for that boy that is cancelling and would like the deposit back to me since I'm the one that paid for it!!!!

Ask for the form, Request to Transfer Cruise Credit, from Carnival. The person who was originally booked on the cruise must fill out the form and have it notorized. There are two forms. One for the original cruise passenger to fill out and have notorized giving you the credit. There is another form you can fill out asking for the credit and showing that you paid the fare in full. Ask Carnivasl which form you need for your situation.

If you used a PVP then they can tell which one you need and e-mail them to you.

Did you originally book the cabin as ES? If not, the third would not have been booked ES. That third would have to be under the same fare code.

:)

I have two of us under ES and later added a 3rd person under a past guest rate, so we can cancel him off until final payment.

So far I havent had to test this out.

I'm trying to figure out why OP put down a $200 deposit when the rate was $129? What am I missing?

Same with me. You have to put up a full deposit on each pax. My 3rd pax I added at $129 plus taxes was also under $200, but I had to fully deposit him too. Its the rules.

This was for a 5 day cruise, so the deposits are $200 pp.

Same with me. You have to put up a full deposit on each pax. My 3rd pax I added at $129 plus taxes was also under $200, but I had to fully deposit him too. Its the rules.

This was for a 5 day cruise, so the deposits are $200 pp.

Interesting. Thanks for the clarification though! So, is the remainder of the deposit given in OBC for that pax? Or is it used toward the balance of the other pax's?

Interesting. Thanks for the clarification though! So, is the remainder of the deposit given in OBC for that pax? Or is it used toward the balance of the other pax's?

It just shows I paid $600 toward the total price on the tab that shows payments. It doesnt break it down as which money went where.

The good news is I only owe about $120 for final payment for the 3 of us.

Archived