Things to do at Port Canaveral

NinePoundHammer

You may want to go to the Florida Departure board and look for the post "I work in Port Canaveral" I read it all the time and Shirley is always giving lots of information on the area.

Here's a link:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1119114

There are lots of pages and a wealth of information on everything about Port Canaveral/Cocoa Beach on there.

You may want to go to the Florida Departure board and look for the post "I work in Port Canaveral" I read it all the time and Shirley is always giving lots of information on the area.

Here's a link:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1119114

There are lots of pages and a wealth of information on everything about Port Canaveral/Cocoa Beach on there.

Alright will do, thanks. We are sailing on the Pride out of Baltimore and will be there for about a day, was hoping for something interesting to do while at the port.

For a port day, there's nothing right at the immediate port to do. You will need to either book an excurions, rent a car, or take a cab or shuttle. Cocoa Beach if very close by if you want to do a beach day. Also nearby is the Kennedy Space Center. We had no plans at all when we visited in May on the Pride until my DH looked at the shore excursion book and said, "I've always wanted to ride an airboat." So we booked a completely spur of the moment excursion and it ended up being really fun and interesting. I think it was called "Airboats and Alligators." The take you to a beautiful spot on the St. John River for it and lots of birds and wildlife if you are in to that type thing. There are also some neat bars and restaurants that overlook the port. The problem is that you can't really get to them the way the port is laid out and will have to take a cab which I've heard is expensive due to a port add-on fee for all cabs.

Have fun whatever you choose!!!

We wanted to do something different so we booked a deep sea fishing trip - there were 8 of us altogether - 4 adults and 4 kids and the kids loved it! they kept saying it was the most fun part of the trip :)

We were there recently. We rented a car and that was certainly the best way to go. Gave us a lot of freedom and we picked up a few items from the store. Depending on when you are there you can go and see the manatees. They will hang out in the canals. That is a unique experience to see them in the wild.

We rented a car in Cocoa Beach. Went to Fish Lips for dinner. Have a nice deck with good drinks. On that strip where it is are a few places. Couple down the end were a bunch of people having drinks on decks. Ron Jon's is a great place to shop. Radison at the port has a great place to eat in front. Can't remember if it is Zacchary's. ..Best breakfast. There are tons of places to go too right on the main strip. Have fun!

• 2 years later...
We rented a car in Cocoa Beach. Went to Fish Lips for dinner. Have a nice deck with good drinks. On that strip where it is are a few places. Couple down the end were a bunch of people having drinks on decks. Ron Jon's is a great place to shop. Radison at the port has a great place to eat in front. Can't remember if it is Zacchary's. ..Best breakfast. There are tons of places to go too right on the main strip. Have fun!

Hi I was wondering what the Car rental price was. We will be there in May and thinking about renting one.

Hi I was wondering what the Car rental price was. We will be there in May and thinking about renting one.

Car rental prices vary by the size of the car, the season, sometimes by the day, and I think sometimes by the hour! :eek: Most of the major car rental brands are located close to the port and offer free shuttle service - plug your date into your favorite travel booking site and see what deals you can come up with.

Good luck! :)

Car rental prices vary by the size of the car, the season, sometimes by the day, and I think sometimes by the hour! :eek: Most of the major car rental brands are located close to the port and offer free shuttle service - plug your date into your favorite travel booking site and see what deals you can come up with.

Good luck! :)

Thanks for the information. I will do that.

Archived