Must have boots for fall? Fashionistas, what is your opinion?

RQINFL

Personally, I look at good leather boots as an investment and prefer to choose something more classic than trendy, and will take my own personal tastes and preferences because I will wear them many years. But that's just my take on boots....

I think basically any type of boot is in. Heels if you like heels, riding if you like riding, etc. Whatever works with your outfit. Personally, I like pointy toe high heeled. Bought a dark brown pair, but only calf high, given I live in Florida. Looks great with jeans - 3.5" heel.

Personally, I look at good leather boots as an investment and prefer to choose something more classic than trendy, and will take my own personal tastes and preferences because I will wear them many years. But that's just my take on boots....

I have several pair of classic boots. This year, I'd like to have something a little more trendy. I am looking for a pair of knee-high boots with a wedge. I know that's not extreme, but I'm fairly conservative.

I, too, prefer classic over trendy as I feel I'll get my money's worth with classic style. I throw in something trendy to mix it up a bit.

Know what you mean about buying boots that are more classic, but I find that I think I'm doing that, then the next season the heel or toe style changes and I don't think they're too classic anymore.

Would you consider riding boots more along the classic line?

This year, I'd like to have something a little more trendy. I am looking for a pair of knee-high boots with a wedge. I know that's not extreme, but I'm fairly conservative.

Check these out they're beautiful

http://www.neimanmarcus.com/store/catalog/prod.jhtml?itemId=prod107570086&parentId=cat30190734&masterId=cat30190731&index=22&cmCat=cat000000cat000141cat30190731cat30190734

I'm such a sucker for boots..I see a good pair and I just can't say no! It seems like riding boots are still really popular for the upcoming season, but recently I've also seen a lot more mid-knee high boots with a kitten heel. I love the kitten heel, because apart from being easy to walk in, you can dress them up or down...very versatile.

gotta love jcrew!

http://*******.com/24sd9om

But I'm also drooling over these "girlie" motorcycle boots from anthropologie

http://*******.com/328d9dm

This seems to be the other trend that i'm noticing...motorcycle boots that are a bit more feminine than usual.

Any way you go I don't think you can go wrong...knee high boots are one of those classic pieces that always work. Happy shopping!:D

I'm going to look for a pair of biker/engineer boots. I've seen them with skirts/dresses with tights. They'd be pretty multi-functional, since they'd be perfect with my jeans and cords. And, since I can't wear anything higher than cowboy boot heels, they are the right height.

Know what you mean about buying boots that are more classic, but I find that I think I'm doing that, then the next season the heel or toe style changes and I don't think they're too classic anymore.

I guess I need to explain what classic is to me. Classic for me is something that I will wear/use for years to come and is based on my personal preferences of toe shape, style and color. For example, I don't care if squared-toe is in because I personally don't care for it. I actually save a lot of money on shoes when styles are "in" that I don't care for, but end up spending more during years/seasons when what I like is "in". For most shoes and boots, I prefer a somewhat pointed toe, but not super pointed (if that makes sense). I also look at almond toe and sometimes even a rounded to on some styles.

Blazers and jackets are another thing I'm picky about. I'm picky on the cut, where it hits me and where the buttons hit, ans sometimes the lapel. Sometimes what I like is "in", sometimes not. I won't wear/buy it just because it's "in" or the newest trend. I buy it because I like it.

There are some wardrobe staples everyone should have. A LBD (or another color that looks better on you) would be an example. My LBD is going to differ in style, maybe fabric and possibly length than other people's but it would be a classic &/or staple.

Does any of that make sense????

At the end of season winter clearance a few months ago I bought a super cute pair of high heel peep toe boots! Are they now passe?

And is the word "passe" passe?;) :p

I'm still seeing alot of them, and new for this fall, so they're still popular. Not as cutting-edge trendy as they were last year, but still trendy.

Does any of that make sense????

Totally makes sense and thanks for taking time to write that!

I'm still seeing alot of them, and new for this fall, so they're still popular. Not as cutting-edge trendy as they were last year, but still trendy.

Quite a few on neimanmarcus. com

Check these out they're beautiful

http://www.neimanmarcus.com/store/catalog/prod.jhtml?itemId=prod107570086&parentId=cat30190734&masterId=cat30190731&index=22&cmCat=cat000000cat000141cat30190731cat30190734

I LOVE those!

• 2 months later...

Speaking of boots, these are on the way to me from Spiegel. They're $79 + S&H, which would come to $91. I'm paying $64 delivered, on deferred billing. If I need to return them (hopefully not!), it won't even hit my card. Spend the time to look for promo codes, then reap the rewards! I purchased them with a 20% off promo code. Not one hour later, I got an e-mail with a 30% off code. I immediately called them. They couldn't adjust the promo code, so they reduced the price of the item, which came to more than an additional 10%. I love these!!! Better fit!

F0760110_8T07_001_3A07?$216x270$

Archived